🌸 𝕔 𝕙 𝕒 𝕡 𝕥 𝕖 𝕣 𝕤 𝕚 𝕩 🌸

Title: Debates and Hunches
Word Count: 7,987

^^🌸^^

      I took steady breaths, finally coming back to my senses. The soft linen surrounded my body and I felt the sunlight hit my face. What time is it? Rubbing my eyes, I woke up, but still kept my eyes closed. It was all so clear. The strumming of the guitar strings, that is. I pretended to stay asleep, just to hear the melody. Then, Grandpa Wil's voice began singing from the corner of the room.

" Wasting your time. You're wasting mine. I hate to see you leaving. A fate worse than dying. 
  Your city gave me asthma. So that's why I'm fucking leaving. And your water gave me cancer. And the pavement hurt my feelings.

Shout at the wall. 'Cause the walls don't fucking love you. Shout at the wall. 'Cause the walls don't fucking love you.

There's a reason that London puts barriers on the tube line.
There's a reason that London puts barriers on the rails.
There's a reason that London puts barriers on the tube line.
There's a reason that London puts barriers on the rails.
There's a reason that London puts barriers on the tube line.

There's a reason they fail."

      The song was really pretty. I think I've read those lyrics in the notebook. I heard Grandpa Wil place his guitar in it's stand as he took a deep breath. "I know you're awake." His voice erupted throughout the room. My eyes opened almost on instinct. "What happened, Grandpa Wil?" I slurred, sitting up and laying agaisnt the window. We were currently in his room. "Quackity declared that he was going to run agaisnt us, so now there's two parties running in the election. You passed out a little after that. We all freaked out, so I picked you up from Tubbo's arms and carried you to this room. It was nighttime by then, so you slept through the night." He explained, organizing some stray papers on his desk.

      "If I slept here... where did you sleep?" I questioned. "I didn't." He stated simply. My face contorted into an expression of visible anger. "What do you mean you didn't!? That's not healthy. How are you supposed to run a whole country if you can't even get adequate re--" I started scolding, but was abruptly cut off. "Because I couldn't! I've been writing all night. I've been worried out of my goddamn mind. What am I supposed to do if L'Manburg gets taken from me!? Not to mention, what will Quackity do with it!?" He ranted and raved.

      "This is your nation! If you're that worried about this, all you have to do is win that election. I know you'll win it, there's no doubt about it. Just stay confident, and we can do this!" I encouraged from my spot on the bed. He took a deep breath, sighing. Then, he strolled over to me and planted his hands on my shoulders. Staring into my eyes, he began speaking. "{Y/n}. Tommy and I are going against Quackity and whoever his running mate is in a debate in a few days time. I want you to be there to help Tommy. Knowing him and his loud mouth, he's going to fly off the handle, and I have to let him have his own speech after I've had my speech. I need you to debate alongside Tommy. You already know the polices and you've been here for a while now." Wilbur explained, an almost desperate look in his stressed eyes.

     "I'll be there, Wilbur." I replied after a moment's time. An expression of relief crossed his face as he turned away. "Thank you so much, {Y/n}." He said gratefully. "It's not a problem. I assume I should write some sort of speech or something with Tommy, right?" I wondered. "Yeah, you'll need to prepare as much as possible. We still don't know who Quackity's running mate is." He answered. "Okay. Got it. I'll get to it as soon as possible." I assured. He thanked me again, before walking out of the room, slowly shutting the door behind him.