🌸 𝕔 𝕙 𝕒 𝕡 𝕥 𝕖 𝕣 𝕠 𝕟 𝕖 🌸

(Word Count: 4,032)
Title: Fire and Declarations
3rd Person Point of View:

.          "Aim it just a little higher." Wilbur instructed, adjusting {Y/n}'s aim to match with the bullseye of the target board across the hill. She sharpened her vision and pulled back on her bow string a little tighter. "Okay, release." He instructed. {Y/n} let go of the string. The arrow shot forcefully from the bow and it hit the target, although it almost missed. "Ahh, at least you're getting a little better with a bow now. You just need to work on keeping your bow steady when you release." Wilbur smiled, patting {Y/n}'s head.

.        As a result of the tensions between Dream SMP and L'Manburg, Wilbur took it upon himself to start training {Y/n} with a bow in case she needed to use it for self defense. "How much longer are we going to keep training today?" She asked. "Try it at least three more times. I need to speak with Tommy, so once you're done you can find me beside the river just outside of L'Manburg." He instructed. "Okay, I'll meet up with you later, Grandpa Wil." She spoke. "You as well, Love." Wilbur replied, walking back twords L'Manburg.

.        {Y/n} was training right outside the L'Manburg walls on a hill. If anyone came up on her, she was instructed to run as fast as she could back inside the walls. She was extra cautious after Wilbur left. Crossing the hill to the other, she collected the arrow she shot. For now, she only had one to practice with so that she could get in some running practice as well. Running back to the other hill again, she readied her bow and took aim again. The shot she fired was a little closer to the bullseye this time. She silently cheered to herself before repeating the process two more times. One arrow missed and the other was halfway between the end of the target and the bullseye. She then did as Wilbur instructed and started making her way back to the river.

{Y/n}'s Point of View:

.             After finishing my daily archery practice, I decided to make my way to Grandpa Wil. He said he'd be at the river with Tommy. Tommy and I had been on sketchy terms at the moment. One moment, he'd be laughing along with Tubbo and I. The next, he'd be calling me a harsh name, insulting me, or just yelling at me. It was a confusing friendship, but we've managed so far.

.         While keeping a close eye on my surroundings, I made my way down to the river. It quickly came into view and I was beginning to get very close to it. However, neither Grandpa Wil nor Tommy were in sight. I stood frozen when I heard a leaf crunch from behind me. Out of my peripheral vision, I saw an arm coming into view. Quickly, I ducked under it and spun myself around to see Grandpa Wil standing there. "Grandpa Wil!? What's going on??" I asked frantically.

.        "Hand-to-hand combat training!" He exclaimed. I sighed in relief before dodging a leg that tried to trip me up. I kept backing up to dodge all of the swings. Soon enough, I backed up to the river. He swung once more from the right, so I ducked to the left and decided to strike back. I stayed low to the ground while trying to kick at him with one of my feet. That plan clearly fell through once he grabbed my leg and ended up pinning me down. "Once an attacker has you like this, then you can't do too much. I'd advise not getting in this situation." He said before letting go of me, standing up, and dusting off his shirt.

.       I scrambled to my feet. "Well, yeah, I could've guessed that much." I replied sarcastically with a giggle. "Look, I'm really trying to teach you some valuable information here." He laughed along. "Okay then, what else do you have?" I asked curiously. "Firstly, when you first notice a sneak attack happening, act nonchalantly at first, so you can stall for a bit more time and the attacker won't be inclined to attack more quickly. Then, once you're sure they're about to do something, run fast and all of the sudden, jump and roll to the ground to trip them up. Once they're on the ground, kick them as hard as you can in a sensitive area and run as fast as you can to safety. In case you're being followed, don't go straight home and scope out your surroundings. Lastly, return home once you're absolutely sure that you're safe." Grandpa Wil explained.