Chp 7

"Aurora," called Carter, one of the guys I knew from my English class

"Yeah?" I turned around after telling Elena to leave.

"Uh.. the principal wants to meet you at his office." To say that Carter looked worried would be an understatement.

"Is it about Ava?" I asked blankly as I rubbed my face with my hands. That bitch was a really a bitch.

'What am I even saying?'

"I don't really know, Aurora," he sighed. "He just told me to inform you."

"Well then, I'll go. Just tell El."

He nodded and smiled at me. "Good luck!"

"Not like it's a life mission."

He laughed and started heading to leave while I headed to the principal's office.

A familiar feeling of anxiety and guilt started building up inside my heart. What if Ava got hurt? She did talk about Nathan and mum, but I had no right in punching her.

The more I thought about it, the more anxious I became, and the more I realised that what I did was wrong. My heart was racing in my chest, and I shoved my hands into my pockets.

I took a deep breath once I noticed that I was standing in front of the principal's office. Will I lose my scholarship? If I do, I'll disappoint Nathan. I wouldn't even have money to get into a new school.

The silence was too annoying. It was so silent to a point where I could literally hear the ticking of the clock from the other side of the door.

I took my hands out of my pocket, and noticed that they were trembling. I closed my eyes and sighed, building up the courage I needed to defend myself in case anything bad happens.

I knocked on the door and waited for a few seconds before a faint 'come in' echoed from the room. I opened the door slowly and slipped into the office.

"Hi Mr. Noah," I started, trying to sound as confident as possible. "Am I in trouble?"

"Take a seat Aurora," he responded, pointing at the chair in front of his desk.

"Y-yeah... s-sure."

'It's over Aurora. You literally lost your scholarship. Your stupid feelings could've waited.'

Disappointment was quick to overwash my thoughts. I clenched my fists into tight balls, digging my nails deep into my sweaty palms.

After a few torturous minutes of waiting in the uncomfortable silence, I heard a knock on the door.

"Come in," the principal said, a small smile on his lips. I stared at the door, nervously, fiddling with the end of my hoodie. The door opened, revealing a tall figure.