Chapter four

TW: Self-Harm

The rest of the day, I show Chris around and where all of our classes are, and at lunch I introduced him to the rest of the group. Brendon tried to confront me at lunch, but backed away when Chris glared at him. After school, I invited Chris over. He agreed to just come straight over and Mikey gave us all a ride.
~
"Alright dudes, we've arrived to our destination." Mikey turns off the engine.

"You've got a sick car man." Chris compliments.

"Oh, it's actually my big brothers car, but he's not present at the moment." Mikey corrects.

"Ah, well his rides still sick." Chris shrugs. I grab my house key from my pocket and unlock the door. We all walk inside. "Where'd he get it?"

"The junkyard." I answer. Chris's features twist to confusion. "He originally found it at the junkyard with no motor or wheels. It was practically just the shell and it had mild dents in it, not to mention the glass was broken. He put it on a trailer and brought it back here and worked on it for two years before he had it all rebuilt and looking how it does now."
(Before)

"                                   (Before)

(After)

"Wow, that's

"Wow, that's...I don't even know what to say. That's fuckin' sick as hell." Chris  struggles to find the proper words he's looking for.

"Yeah, my older brother is...something." Mikey mutters.

I ruffle my eyebrows at the tone he used. "Hey Mikes? Can-can I talk to you for a minute?"

"Sure." He shrugs, uninterested.

"Cool, uhm, Chris." He looks at me. "You can go look at the artwork I was talking about. In the kitchen there's a door to the basement, down here you'll find another living room type space and a hallway. The second door on the left is mine and Gee's bedroom, but the whole basement area is practically ours, so you'll see some of his paintings on the walls in the 'living room'."

"Alright, but where's the light switch?" He asks.

"It's right when you reach the bottom, of course you have to open the door down there before you can turn the lights on, because the lights in the wall." I direct.

"There's another door at the bottom?" He ruffles his eyebrows.

"Yeah, Gee put it up when we took over the basement." I clarify.

"Oh okay." He heads into the kitchen.

"I'll be down there in a few minutes!" I call to him. I redirect my attention to Mikey. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah. Why?"

"Because, I heard you mumble after Chris said something about Gee rebuilding his car."

"Okay, your point?"

"My point is, you sound like you don't miss Gee at all, or care that he's gone."

Mikey sighs. "It's not that, Frankie. Trust me, I do care that my brothers in a mental institution, but that's where he needs to be....You don't know what he did, so you won't understand why I'm saying this."

"Well then what'd he do?"

"He-..he...hhh just don't worry about it."

"No, I'm gonna worry Mikey. That's my boyfriend, and he just randomly gets shipped off to a mental institution for 6 months to a year one day. And-and I don't even get to know anything about it? Everyone I ask keeps say 'don't worry about it' or that 'it's nothing'. Well, if it was nothing then why does he have to go?"

"Because Frank, he just does."

"No. I want an answer, Mikey. What did he do? I've been with him for 7 years, I think I deserve to know. After all...I am the one who plans on living the rest of my life with him."

"Fine. You really wanna know?"

"Yes. I've been asking and asking, why wouldn't I want to know?"

"Frank, he's in there, because he flipped shit the other night and tried to stab Father after cutting his own forearms multiple times. Not only that, but he threatened me when I tried to interfere."

"Why...why did he flip shit?"

"Frank...I don't think you're ready for that news."

"No..." My voice shaking as I hold back tears. "Tell me."

Mikey looks away from me, not looking me in the eyes as he continues. "Frank..he...hhh...I can't."

"Mikey, just fucking tell me." I try to hold back the tears, but they still fall.

"Frankie, he came home covered in blood before all this....it wasn't his blood either..it...it was someone else's." Not once could Mikey bring his gaze to meet mine. He kept his eyes focused on the ground, but I know he knew I was crying from my voice.

"...Oh God..." I whisper. "I-Chris is waiting for me." I choke out before turning away quickly and leaving before Mikey can say anything. I hurry down the stairs and barge into mine and Gerards room, crashing face first into the bed.

Chris quickly stops look at the artwork and sits next to me. "Hey, what's wrong kid?"

"It-..I-...Gee!" I sob out, words not forming an actual sentences.

"Shhh, c'mere." He holds open his arms and I crawl to him, latching onto him tightly. I sob into his chest like a little kid who just lost their favorite toy. "It's okay, let it out....Sh, sh, shh...Breathe." He runs soothing circles on my back. After a minute or two, I manage to regulate my breathing pattern and focus on Chris's comfort. I begin to feel myself getting tired from all the crying I've done. I yawn and snuggle my head against Chris's chest. "Are you getting tired?" I nod my head and close my eyes. "Alright, here lay down." He lays me on the bed and pulls the covers over me.

He moves to get up, but I quickly grab onto his arm. "Please stay, I want someone to cuddle with while I fall asleep. I don't wanna be alone."

"It's okay, I'm here." He lays down next to me and I snuggle up into his chest. I slowly drift off into a world of sleep as Chris hums a random tune and rubs my back slowly.
💀💀💀💀🖤💀💀💀💀
Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed!
-Sassqueen🖤