I let it go, laying my head back down to look up at the ceiling, going over the events in my head. So many questions to ask. I carefully tried to pick one.

"Where are we?" I murmured.

"Ehrmich District."

"Ehrmich? How long was I out? Why bring me here?"

Must explain why I heard voices and was moving. I was in a wagon... I heard Levi took a deep breath before he began, realizing he wasn't going to get out of being questioned.

"We brought you here with us because I wanted to make sure you were alright-"

He took several minutes explaining to me everything that happened in Stohess and what we recently discovered. I had been unconscious for the better part of a day. Erwin was arrested for the act of Treason but was soon set free and the Scouts were exonerated. The Female Titan had used the same hardening ability we saw on the expedition to encase her human form, protecting herself completely from any of our weapons. She was now being kept underground in the Scouts' custody. Hange was able to collect a piece of the hardening fragment and has a hypothesis about the walls being made from Titans. Hange had taken custody of a pastor, a member of The Order of the Walls, for questioning about the legitimacy of her theory. The biggest piece of information was that Titans had somehow breached through Wall Rose, and several troops were now scaling the walls for the source of the breach. They departed Ehrmich several hours earlier.

I laid in shock for several minutes, trying to digest all the information.

"Why are you here?" I turned to him.

"I said I would stay to make sure you woke up," He said, his head hung low. I glanced at him up and down, examining his face and posture. I felt a blush form on my cheeks. He stayed for me?

"How are you feeling?" his voice was soft.

"I'm fine, I guess?" I responded, pushing myself to sit up, "Guess I just needed to rest."

I peered at the window ahead of my bed to see a pink sky forming. "What time is it?" I asked.

"Morning." Levi responded, now looking at the same window, "Do you feel up to moving?"

"Yeah, I guess."

"Good. We need to return to Trost. Erwin is waiting," He said, standing up from his seat.

"I - uh- okay." I said as I watched him exit the room to notify the nurse I was awake.

---

"Only one horse...?" I asked Levi, who was slowly walking towards me outside of the infirmary with a horse in tow. He still harbored the tiniest of limps which he tried to hide.

"It's the only one available," he said, gently petting the horse's snout.

I stared blankly at him and blushed, realizing we're going to be riding back to Trost together on one horse. I wasn't sure why I was feeling so nervous around Levi. We had slept together but we hadn't been alone since. Neither of us has yet to acknowledge it and our relationship, for lack of a better word, wasn't quite clear. Was it just a fling or is there something more? I knew I definitely had some feelings for him... but his were unknown.

"Oi, brat. You coming or are you going to continue staring off?" his voice interrupted my train of thought. I didn't notice he already climbed onto the horse and was reaching his hand for mine.