"Princess, you sure? I thought you had a boyfriend." he breathlessly let out also looking down at my lips, his tongue poking out ever so slightly.

Without thinking I leaned forward connecting our lips together. Our lips slowly moved against each other moving faster and needier by the second. His hands letting go of my jaw and sliding down to my neck, pulling me ever so slightly closer to him.

His kiss was soft and gentle, making me fall deeper into his touches. Jumping once I felt his tongue slid against my bottom lip opening my mouth just enough for the muscle to slip in. A muffled sound coming out of my mouth as I felt it roll against mine.

My eyelids fluttered as my hand reached for his and interlocked are fingers. We slowly pulled away looking into each other's eyes, scanning over the many features we had. His big hands cupping one of my cheeks, rubbing his thumb over it.

The same lips made way to my nose making me clench my eyes close and giggle. "Cute." he whispered only for me to hear.

Suddenly we both jumped as my phone started to go off. Jordan pulled away laying back onto the grass looking away, obviously upset.

Pressing the green accept button I started hearing a frantic voice on the other end, sounding exactly like my boyfriend. "Baby, I can't find you."

"I'm in the grass." I answered hearing Jordan snicker to the side of me.

Zack let out a huge sigh. "I know that, but once I tried to look for you all I could see was this couple making out. I'm by the fish stall, wanna meet me here?"

My breath hitched as he talked about the other couple, did he see us? "Sure, I'll be right there."

We said goodbye before hanging up. "You have to leave, don't you?" Jordan asked, sounding disappointed.

I nodded while handing him my phone. "Give me you're number so we can talk."

Smiling he quickly took out his phone giving it to me to exchange the digits. After I stood up patting down the back of my shorts feeling a slap to the back of my thigh, with a cheeky smile on the other's face. Annoyed, I kicked his leg before waving, goodbye.

As I left something in my heart started to hurt, maybe I should go back to him?

I looked back once more seeing his lonely figure just staring out at the water, waiting for the show. Shaking my head the thought left, turning my back to him to meet Zack.

People rushed to spots to see the fireworks as it was going to start soon. Little kids with food sticking out of their mouths running down the path to the grass. Finally after passing many of the booths, I spotted my boyfriend with two little kids. I moved closer starting to hear his voice being carried as he got excited.

"Hey, you almost got the fish, why don't you move your hand like this?"

"Ahh, One more time! Please?" the twins said, both giving sad doe eyes up at Zack making him laugh sweetly. Giving each a small pat on their heads and calling for the man for another round for the both of them.

"Thank you, mister!" They both sang insync before going back to concentrating on the fish they wanted to take home.

A smile spread across my face as I hugged him from behind, placing my head on his shoulder, surprising him. "Hey, baby." he said happily while turning around in my embrace placing a peck on my lips.

It felt so different...

"I got it! Mister, I got one!" the little girl shouted, while her pigtails bounced with her. The game worker took the fish and placed it in a plastic bag with water filling it. Finally handing the small orange fish back to the two kids.

Her brother poked the bag with a huge grin on his face, even if he didn't win it himself. Before they left for their father they showed Zack giving him a big hug. Making him laugh joyfully at their excitement and hugged them back, before watching them reunite with their family.

After, we started to walk back to the grassy area I was in, hand in hand. "Where were you, anyways?" Zack asked, swinging our arms back and forth.

I thought about it for a second, wondering if I should say the truth or not, "By the water's edge." I mumbled a little.

He nodded and spotted something in the distance making him point it out to me. My breath hitched as I knew what he was pointing at. "That guy over there was making out with someone. Poor guy, I think they left him," his tone turned sad at just the thought, "let's sit with him!"

As I was about to protest, Zack was already running down the hill sitting next to the guy, he was talking about earlier. A menacing glare was put on the guy's face as he looked at Zack, but soon turned into a light smile as he saw me sit next to my boyfriend.

"Hey, I'm Zack and this is my girlfriend, Kristen," he introduced me, but both Jordan and I stayed silent already knowing each other. "I saw you here with some girl, did she leave?"

Jordan smirked while staring at me silently. "Yeah, she left me for someone else, almost made me cry. '' he made a pout appear on his lips, tears making way to his eye sockets but never falling down. Making me stunned from how unbelievable he could be.

With that lie being pushed out, Zack pulled Jordan closer to him, hugging from the side, "Don't worry, we'll watch the fireworks with you..." he gave a pause waiting for the other to give us his name.

"Jordan."

"With you, Jordan!"

People started to cheer all of a sudden making all three of us jump a little, before I leaned into Zack's body. I could feel someone's eyes on me. Peeking behind me I could see the intense glare of Jordan making me shiver under his gaze.

Loud crackles and bright colors filled the air as the show started. Stars, circles, and different spurts of shapes lighting up the night sky. Zack leaned closer to me trying to get away from the ever-lasting cold, wanting this moment to be romantic, but thoughts of Jordan came crawling in. Only making things worse once I felt a hand touch mine.

My hand was already behind my back when a soft tap was felt making me look back, seeing Jordan's hand being placed on mine, behind my boyfriend's back. Smiling to myself I interlocked are fingers looking back up at the sky seeing the battle continue on. 

~The End~

~~~~~

1,810wc