Chapter 2-Super Soldiers

"Now, John, what does it feel like to be the new Captain America?" The interviewer asked on the tv.

"Like an imposter, that's what!!" I shouted, throwing a pillow at the television.

Bucky just sat on the floor with a blank expression on his face. He had come home early from his date the minute he heard the news.

"Honestly, it feels like a lot. I know I can't replace Captain America, but I'll try my best to be the best new Captain America I can be." Walker said, a smile on his ugly face.

"My gosh. I want to punch him in the face so badly right now." I muttered.

"Same," Bucky agreed, reaching his hand up and taking a handful of popcorn. Our new hobby was us criticizing and yelling at the tv in order for us to feel better.

"This is better than therapy with the Doc, that's for sure." Bucky said without looking at me.

"I'm honored, Buck." I said with a little smile, patting his shoulder.

"Even though I never knew Steve Rogers, he seemed like my brother." Walker said.

"Excuse me?! What did he just say? Oh no, you do not get the right to call my brother your brother!" I shouted at the television.

"Well, that is all we have for today. Captain America, folks!" The interviewer said.

"As if," I grabbed the remote and shut the tv off, chucking the remote onto the coffee table.

Bucky got up and held out his hand wordlessly.

I looked at him for a long second before sighing and putting the bowl on the coffee table, taking his hand and letting him pull me up into his arms in a gentle hug.

"Thanks, Bucky." I said, my cheek pressed against his chest.

He nodded and rested his chin in my sandy hair. "If I get the chance to meet Walker, I'll punch him in the face for you."

    I chuckled lightly. "Thanks, Buck."

    He chuckled and kissed my hair. "'course,"

———

"SAM!" I stormed down the steps to where Sam walked, looking slightly scared to see me.

    "Ooh, she's mad now, Wilson." Bucky said with a smirk, walking down just behind me.

    "You had no right to give that shield up! That was Steve's shield! My brother's shield! That was his legacy!" I shouted, shaking him like a bobble-head.

    "Well, I'm sorry, Alexandria. But I can't just call America and tell him I change my mind!" Sam said.

    "Then send me his address and I'll go talk to him about it myself!" I insisted, fuming.

    "Okay, how about we take a step back here. Sam, we're coming with you on your mission." Bucky said, pulling me away from him slightly.

    "Absolutely not." Sam said.

    "Too bad. We're coming." I replied, pushing past him and heading to the plane.

    We got in and I sat on the floor with Bucky, looking at Sam with hatred for five minutes before he finally got up and headed towards the opened door in the plane.

    "So what's the plan?" Bucky asked.

    Sam looked at him but stayed silent.

    "Oh, great, no plan." I said.