The Student Council's Touchstone 2

Having heard the contents of the test from Fol, and after confirming that my lady had already left the school, I returned to the capital city's Rosenberg estate.

Though for some reason, Rouché was on standby in front of my room, and the moment she spotted me, she said, "the mistress is waiting for you." In a business-like voice without emotion.

"Should I go to the mistress' room then?"

I asked that while feeling a vague sense of déjà vu, and as expected, she shook her head and replied– 

"The mistress is waiting for you here."

After opening the door, Rouché then mimicked her past movements and pushed me through it. I was expecting it this time though, and silently went with the flow without stumbling over myself. Having confirmed that the exit behind me was now closed, I turned my consciousness to my front and found my lady standing there.

"...Cyril, where were you?"

"I was getting a briefing from Fol on what her test would be in the student council room."

"Were you alone together?"

"You mean like how the two of us are right now, my lady? Then no, we weren't."

When I made that statement, my lady's cheeks flushed slightly red. Although her posture was confrontational, she didn't seem that angry.

In the first place, she should've known that Fol hadn't issued her test until now... was she pretending to get mad like last time as an excuse to be alone with me?

"Y-you're wrong!"

"...I haven't said anything yet."

So this is what it all comes to.

Basically, the daughter of a Marquis can never be left alone with a member of the opposite sex. Usually, there would be other servants like Rouché in the vicinity.

I can't say I completely understand a maiden's mind... but being manipulated like this was somewhat unpleasant. Let's tease her a bit.

"Lady Sophia, if I catch you attempting this kind of scheme again–"

I placed my hand on her cheek, and leaned in close.

"–I'll have to punish you."

Whispering that into her ear.

My lady practically jumped away from me in surprise, and after confirming her reaction, I called out in normal tone, "Rouché, you can come in now. We're done."

And as if she was waiting for that moment, the maid immediately entered the room.

After giving my lady's accomplice a light glare, I turned back to the noble girl in question.