They held memorials every year on the anniversary of Stiles' death. Laughing and joking about the hyperactive man they once knew. Life just wasn't the same without him. He was an itch the pack could never scratch. A lingering thought gracing the back of their minds every night when they closed their eyes.

A single death does not stop the world from turning.

Hence, life went on.

Unfortunately for the pack, Beacon Hills never stopped being a Beacon.

10 years after Stiles' death, Scott found himself cornered by a particularly brutal pack of werewolves.

It was around 9:00 PM, the humid summer air leaving fresh dew on Scott's windshield. Scott had just finished his weekly grocery shopping and was about to hop into his car when he heard a unfamiliar pack approach. Breaking through the scattering shadows, red eyes and a grin could be seen.

"You must be the famous 'True Alpha' we've heard so much about." Scott could barely understand the man through his thick french accent. "We just want to talk." The strange wolf drawls as he raised his arms to signal that he wasn't looking for a fight.

"You should have made yourselves known the second you came into my territory." Scott growls. Derek had warned Scott the other day, declaring that he sensed 5 new wolfs out on the preserve. Scott knew that they were here. Damn, he really should have taken Derek's buddy system advice to heart. The wolves were definitely a long way from home, and they reeked of anger.

"Why are you here?" Scott grunted, trying to fix his posture to appear as intimidating as possible.

The man stiffens at Scott's question, before replying with an insulted gaze. "Before we skip the pleasantries, my name is Louis. I come from France with an offer."

Scott sees the wolves behind Louis shift their weight and flash their eyes blue in anticipation. "I would prefer if we had this discussion in the presence of my pack."

"You will not need their guidance for this decision." Louis hummed, stepping closer to run his fingers through the accumulating dirt on Scott's car. he pinches his pointer finger and thumb together sending dirt flakes flying into the cool night's breeze.

"And what decision is that?"

"Aren't you tired of hiding in the shadows? Running from hunters like prey when you're meant to be a predator? What if we could change that?"

"I don't understand." Scott says aloud, looking like an agitated but confused puppy.

"Imagine this McCall. A picturesque world run by supernatural creatures. A world where we're in charge. That is what my pack is after...There are more of us, back in Europe. Enough for a whole army." The Alpha moved closer to Scott, leaning his arm on the back door of his car. "So what do you say, True Alpha?"

The electricity in the air was telling. There's no way he was going with them. Matter of fact, Scott should be stopping them. The last thing he needs right now is another sudo war against the supernatural. Another reason for his friends to be killed off one by one. Yet he knew they wouldn't let him leave willingly.

Before Scott replies, the Beacon Hills native looks around the empty parking lot for an escape route. The foreign pack had him surrounded. Edging closer with each second of silence.

"No thank you. I'm perfectly happy with how things are." Scott blurted out, not wanting to anger the group further. He wouldn't be able to push past them or outrun them. He knew he was a sitting duck. The best thing he could do was make sure his pack knows that they're in danger.

Trying to be nonchalant, Scott moves towards his vehicle, subtly pulling his phone out of his pocket. His fingers frantically clicking on whoever he texted last; He didn't take the time to check. As Scott turns away to finish his text, he feels a hand wrap around his bicep pulling him backwards.

"That is truly a shame. We had hoped you would come with us willingly but I do enjoy a good kidnapping."

Before the enigmatic words of the deranged Alpha could even register in Scott's head, he feels the slight prick of a needle penetrate the back of his neck. The world spun like a sick carousel ride. The street lights morphing together with the black dots forming in Scott's brown eyes. What was supposed to be a simple run to the grocery store plunging him into complete and utter darkness.

Scott hopes the feeling is ephemeral.

Authors note: Please like and comment and stay safe! 

Tutelary: Having the guardianship of a person or a thing