Chapter 8

Before I could finish my sentence I was engulfed in a hug.

"K-kuroo?"

"Don't worry about it. You can tell me when you are ready."

"Thanks... for understanding," I mumble into his chest as I hug him back.

"Now let's go back home. Kenma's most likely freaking out right now." He says as he pulls away from me.

I pull him back into the hug. "Can we stay like this a little more?"

Present Time

We walked back home in silence. It was a comfortable silence. The kind of silence that brought a peaceful atmosphere.

"I'm home!" I shout as I take my shoes off. I heard some noise upstairs but I didn't pay too much attention to it.

"Sweetheart, go and change. Dinner's almost ready."

I nod and head upstairs. I decided to check on Kenma. I knock once. No answer. I knock again. Still no answer. The third time's a charm. The door flies open and I see Kenma an absolute mess. His room was also a mess.

"You're finally back! Do you know how long I was waiting?"

"Sorry?"

"Did Kuroo go home already?"

"Yeah."

"Why are you so quiet?" 

"What do you mean?"

"I mean you always have something to say. You're a chatterbox."

"Well, I guess I'm not feeling like myself."

"I'm sorry."

"For what?"

"I shouldn't have let you go out. I should've came with you. It's all my fault."

"No, it's not your fault! You didn't know this was going to happen. Plus you were the one who calmed me down. If you didn't I would probably still be stuck in the bathroom."

Our conversation got interrupted by our mom. "Dinner's ready!" she yells. 

I turn to leave Kenma's room. "It wasn't your fault so, don't beat yourself about it."

Changing into some comfortable pyjamas, I walk downstairs for dinner. Kenma had just finished setting the tables. Mom was in the kitchen washing the dishes.

"Hey, Kenma!" I whispered.  

"Why are you whispering?"

Well, obviously it's because I don't want mom to hear us!"

"Okay, so what do you want?" Kenma asks in a bored tone.

"I want you to keep the panic attack a secret from mom."

"Why?"

"Because I don't want her to worry."

"She's our mother. She's going to worry if we keep secrets from her."

"She's not going to worry if she doesn't find out!"

Kenma sighs. "Fine."

"Thank you," I say in relief. 

"What are you two talking about?" mom asks as she brings the food to the table. 

"Nothing important," I reply quickly, hoping she would leave the topic. 

"If you say so..." She looked a bit skeptical, but she let it slide.

Kenma's POV

Dinner was unusually quiet. Usually, Rin would be blabbering about how her day had been. I would make some comments here and there but, Rin would do most of the talking. Mom would listen quietly to Rin as she ate her dinner. But today Rin barely talked, only giving short responses when mom or I asked her a question.

Mom quickly picked up that something was up with Rin. Must be a mother's intuition or something.

"Rin what's going on?" mom asks.

"Nothing why?"

You're awfully quiet today. You always tell me about your day during dinner."

"Well, there was really nothing interesting that happened today."

"Kenma, I'm sure you know why your sister is like this."

"She had a bad day today," I reply.

After that conversation, Rin started talking a bit more. She was still acting weird but mom didn't question anything during dinner. 

Rin's POV

After dinner, I head upstairs. I took a nice, hot, relaxing shower. I immediately went to bed. I just wanted to sleep it off. I couldn't go to bed so I decided to look through my phone. While scrolling through my phone, I hear a knock on the door. "Come in!" 

"Hey, sweetheart."

Hey, mom."

"How are you doing?"

"Fine."

"I don't know how you're feeling right now. But as your mother, I want to make sure you are okay. You probably don't want to tell me what happened today and that's okay. I'm here to comfort you."

"M-mom..." I burst into tears for the second time today. I don't remember the last time I cried in front of my parents. 

Third person's POV

Rin cried for a good 10 minutes in her mother's arms. She had fallen asleep due to her exhaustion. So, her mom tucked her into bed and kissed her goodnight. 

----------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys!

Thank you so much for 5k reads. I have April break this week so, I want to get some writing done. I'm running out of ideas for this story. So, if you have any ideas please comment. Thank you again. 

See ya~