Chapter 5

He was put in the centre of the group. Sweet Berry was literally running through the forest stopping only when she lost the rest of the scouts and Fire Spark behind the trees. She then run back to them to make sure they're ok and went back to chasing Celestia knows what through the wilderness. Wild Breeze was following few meters behind him making sure nopony or no creature followed them. In this time of day (or rather night) boars and bears were just as dangerous as Silver Wing and his entourage, although some ponies might say otherwise. When it comes to Blueberry, she was walking right beside him, so closely that at times their hide would touch and every time it did Fire Spark would get this weird feeling down in his stomach and his heart rate would increase. She also made sure to keep Fire Spark entertained with the conversation, meaning her mouth didn't close for more than five seconds. She only made small breaks to grasp some air and went back to chatting.

Fire Spark didn't mind that though. He was glad somepony finally wanted to be his friend. He never really had anypony else he could talk to, besides his oldest sister that is. It was actually a really nice feeling to be able to talk to somepony else, knowing that they actually respect you and don't want to make fun out of you. At first, he was a bit worried when Blueberry asked him what has happened. He didn't know whenever he could tell her everything, but he wasn't particularly good at lying and if he wanted Blueberry to really be his first friend that meant he shouldn't supposed to have any secrets. As a result, he decided to fill her in on everything that happened earning that way a big warm hug. After that he finally relaxed a little.

'Since it's pretty dark I think it'll be best if you stayed with us for the night,' Blueberry started one of her monologues, 'or you could even join us! We could use a new team member with a new set of skills,' she got really excited. 'Sweet Berry,' she pointed on the small figure disappearing behind the trees few meters ahead of them, 'is really good in reconning. She always checks the area for any dangers or positive factors like rivers or berry bushes to determine if the area is good to settle in. Wild Breeze on the other hoof,' she pointed to a mare walking behind them, 'is really good when it comes to maps and navigation. She can always find a way, object or thing no matter how well it is hidden. There's also Morning light, she might be a little...well...you'll see, but she always makes sure we always have a fresh supply of food rations. Now I know what you might say,' she put her hoof on his back making his heart rate increase. 'Blueberry what about the camp?', despite only knowing him for few minutes she imitated his voice pretty accurately. 'Mixed Fabric dear Sparky, she's in charge of the camp. She's a bit of fashionista you know nice dresses, makeups, that sort of thing, kind of like you,' she gave his right side a nudge. 'And last, but not least there's me. I'm the one in charge here, I assign the tasks between the team members and always have to make sure everything what needs to be done gets done. Remember that,' she wagged her hoof, 'you're really cute, but as a good leader I am not allowed to favourite anypony so if you happen to annoy me, I'll have to punish you. Which would be really hard for me so just do what I say, ok?' she looked at Fire Spark who quickly nodded his head.

'What about Sunny Starscout didn't you say she's your leader?' he asked her unsure if that counted as something annoying.

'She's the leader-leader, I'm just a leader. When we're given a task, for example to survive a night as a team in the wild, during which Sunny Starscout doesn't accompany us, I'm the one in charge, but in all the other cases she's the leader, but she's very friendly and kind, unlike Mr Rusty,' she pointed in direction where military camp was located.