Day 2: Example

Day 2:

Aphmau's POV

I woke up in the morning and stretched my legs. Last night it was a little hard to sleep on the ground and with the bugs biting me, but I managed to fall to sleep. I tried to sleep a little more but Lightning kept on pecking me to get up "Ughhhh... fine I'll get up" I said, trying to push him away.

I got up and walked down to the waterfall to wash my face. The waterfall was small enough to where I could rinse my head under the falls while Lightning tried to take a shower but I stopped him so that he didn't get taken away by the water. I'm still surprised that there is a waterfall on this island, as it is certainly much larger than it looks.

Once I finished, me and lightning went down to the shore to try and see what else we could find. On our way down to the beach, while we were walking through the undergrowth, we came across a mango tree! It was a tall tree and it looked like some monkeys or other island residents got to most of the low-hanging fruit but as my stomach growled and realizing I didn't eat any breakfast, I tried to convince Lightning to grab me some fruit.

"Lightning, could you get me some fruit?" I said, trying to point at some of the fruit.

Lightning looked up at me in confusion but he saw the fruit and began to fly towards the fruit.

"Yes, lightning! Get a big one!" I exclaimed.

Lightning squawked as he landed on a tall branch and inspecting the branch, he saw a bright mango. Licking his chops, he walked over to the branch and began to eat the large mango.

"No! Lightning! I need food too you know!" I exclaimed. "What am I going to do with that bird"

I tried to climb the tree but the branches were too high off the ground. Lightning then knocked two mangos off the tree. I quickly caught them and ate them. They tasted amazing, like a peach pie.. or I was just hungry.

Lightning landed back on my shoulder and we then went off to the beach to look for any more debris from the ship. When we got down to the beach, I saw that some more debris had washed up overnight. Me and Lightning looked around and found some more driftwood, some more biscuits, and even a chair. Lightning tried to swoop in and take the biscuits but I stopped him.

"Ha! Not until I get some. My turn." I said sassily as I ate a biscuit in front of him but I let him have a few once he started to give me the puppy eyes.

We started our search again and found some barrels but most of them were empty and the ones that weren't had gunpowder and some cases of bullets but were wet and weren't useful until they were dry. Lightning did find a fishing net, however. We were looking around some more debris when we came across one of the ship's lifeboats! the boat was buried in the sand but it was mostly intact and it even still had its oars! It had some holes in its hull but I could patch those up fairly easily.

I dug up the boat and began to drag inland where I began to patch up the holes. I got it done fairly quickly so I went to my camp and took the sheet from my shelter and using my skills from home, I made it into a makeshift sail! Looking up at the sky, I saw that it was about mid-day. I decided to try and take the boat to one of the islands close by. Hopefully, I would find a settlement or some human life. This island is good its just that I don't want to be a lone pirate.