Chapter Twenty Two

Another day.

Kiku had a schedule he had to adhere to. He would get up, giving Heracles a kiss before he left for work. Then, it was off to Roderich's manor.

The house seemed more lively these days, with Roland and Gilbert always causing a ruckus. He couldn't help but look on fondly as they laughed and joked and just lightened up the room.

Kiku would do anything to protect them. To keep their broken little family together. Hell knows they needed it. His smile only grew as he watched Gilbert set a hand on his rounded stomach. He had to be nearing his due date by now. Maybe another month or two left?

Kiku went about his day, doing his chores and helping care for Gilbert when he needed help. It went by fast in all the happiness.

He dreaded the end of it all.

As he walked down the road, Kiku could only quietly think to himself. He knew it was wrong to keep this from them, especially since these men have attacked Roderich before. But they had an agreement, and it was keeping everyone safe.

Walking up the long and winding path, making his way through the small series of houses, he could only feel sick to his stomach.

The man in the main house simply beckoned to him, the familiar woman he had been speaking with leaving them alone.

"Hello, little one." The older man whispered, a small smirk on his face.

Kiku simply nodded at him, sighing softly. "Mr Braginsky." He responded.

Ivan's smirk grew as he tilted his head slightly. "I take it you aren't telling them?"

Kiku slowly shook his head with a sigh. "N-No sir. As long as you keep up your end of the deal." Ivan nodded along, reaching over to his desk to grab a piece of paper. He held it out to Kiku, smirking deviously.

"Your next target. Former gangster, Francis Bonnefoy. Don't mess up."

Kiku nodded and gave him a bow, turning to leave.

"Oh, and Honda?"

"Yes sir?"

"Feel free to tell Gilbert that I'm still watching."