prologue

Emergency Contact

--prologue--

Clarke and Lexa were always best friends. They were those annoying best friends that all the teachers hated, the ones that laughed at the littlest things and couldn't sit next to each other at a funeral (that didn't go well...). Ever since they were young they had been like this. They grew close quickly and had sleepovers on weekends and weekdays. They played sports together even the Clarke wasn't too fond of them but Clarke would force Lexa to paint with her or some other kind of craft. Their families had been close and they lived on the same street, went to the same school, and were in the same friend group. They were the trouble makers of the school. Pulling pranks on the teachers, staff, bullies, no one at the school was safe.

But after Clarke's father's death, things changed. Clarke's mother started drinking trying to drown out the pain of Jake's death. The girls decided once they were both eighteen they could become each other's emergency contact. At first, it was for kicks and giggles because they loved one another and wanted to be the first to know. But the reason Lexa had suggested it was because she was genuinely scared for Clarke's safety in that house. Lexa's family, the woods', tried their best to help. Having Clarke over at their house when Abby got especially bad. After some time Abby had had enough of it and moved her and Clarke crossed the country without a word. Lexa had come home from school in the middle of senior year and found her best friend, her sister, the one person who understood her, was gone. Her house was empty, nothing there but a note addressed to her.

Dear Lexa,

I'm so sorry. My mom just can't handle being here. I had no idea she was doing this. She had packed all of our things while we were at school and had some people pick them up. It's already been sent to where we are moving. I'm sorry. I wish I could find a way to contact u but she's taken my phone and hasn't told me where we are going.

This is my worst nightmare. I never thought anything like this would happen. In the future, I will try to find a way to get in touch but I don't know-how. I'm just rambling at this point. Just move on from me get a new best friend forget about me live your life be happy. I love you, Lexa. You will always be my best friend.

Your favorite whore Clarke

P.s I love you, you dumb bitch don't forget that

Lexa was crying. As was Clarke. the pain of losing their best friend was unbearable. To make it worse both of them were just accepting that they had feelings for the other. Neither would ever tell the other. They had always been asked if they were in a relationship by everyone who had met them and they would not give their friends the satisfaction and the ability to bully them for it.

--Clarke-some time later--

Clarke had made it into her dream school Rhode Island School Of Design. She was a great artist and created items that would make their way into many tv shows in the future. Clarke had made friends while there. The first month there she had met Octavia not long after came Raven, then Murphy, Jasper, Monty, and Harper. She had become close to a few of the teachers like Diyoza and Kane, who had become like a father figure to her, although others were not a big fan of Clarke like Jaha and Pike. Her mom was doing better. She started going to AA meetings and had been sober for a few months now.

 She started going to AA meetings and had been sober for a few months now

--Lexa--

--Lexa--

Lexa had started acting; she had been in a few major movie productions but she sadly only played a small role in them. When filming a few shows she had made some friends; Luna, Echo, Roan, and Costia. She and Costia grew close not long later Costia asked Lexa out. She hesitated then she remembered Clarke's words "move on, be happy," Lexa thought maybe this would be her moment to be happy and it did bring her happiness to be with Costia. Although they had their moments they fought and argued, Lexa felt some happiness and joy around Costia.

 Although they had their moments they fought and argued, Lexa felt some happiness and joy around Costia

(Yes I'm using Maia as costia bc she's the only person I can find constantly photos with alycia)

A/n: this is unedited I will edit it soon if u see anything please comment

How is it so far? What u think? More chaters should be out very soon I have them lining up rn  love yalll