Travelers & Traveling

"Oh, it's always difficult to start at the beginning." She said mostly to herself. Her brother laughed softly knowing what she meant. "So, gentlemen, time for the basics. Our clan is Hungarian, straight from the Carpathian Mountains and Bucharest. We are not Romanian." She said clarifying that point.

"Does that matter?" Nick asked carefully. She raised a brow as she answered. "It does if you intend to stay." She quipped. "My family crossed the ocean months before the war and have made home in Ohio for over 100 years." She said proudly. "Wow." Aaron commented making her smile.

"In my family the eldest daughter has been a Seer for as long as we have recorded our history. We each have different magycks that we control more clearly. For example, my grandmother can read auras and intentions quite clearly." She saw a look if realization on Zak's face. "You felt this?" She asked wondering his own abilities strength.

He nodded. "Ya, I felt like she saw all my secrets and gave judgement." He said seeming worried. Reyna nodded. "Not far from the truth. She made sure you were pure of intentions before allowing you further into the camp." She explained with the ease of long practice. "So, she was in our heads?" Nick asked looking upset.

"No, no, nothing that private. All creatures, humans especially, have a color or vibration to them. Every spirit is completely unique but when malicious intent is involved a darkness invades and overcomes their natural harmonies." The guys nodded better understanding.

"And your gift is future sight?" Zak asked, trying not to sound skeptical. "Don't worry, I know it's difficult for outsiders to believe. Unlike you, however, I feel no need to prove its reality to the world." She said teasing. Zak blushed knowing he of anyone shouldn't be so doubtful.

"Maybe another demonstration?" She asked good natured. The guys nodded excited to see what she would do. "Aaron, are you done with your cup?" She asked politely. "Ya." He said showing her the empty cup. "May I see it?"

He carefully handed over the delicate porcelain. None of her cups matched she always believed what cup a person chose said much about them. His was simple and had a few bright flowers. Looking in the cup she let her mind free as she stared at the tea leaves.

"So much sadness and worry recently." She said in a voice that sounded far away to her own ears. "Your home is not your own. Coming change brings only good things for you." Finishing her reading she came back to the present. The boys seemed amazed at her foretelling. She saw wetness in Aarons eyes and felt remorse.

"I'm sorry. Was that too much? I can't control what comes..." she stopped when he shook his head. "No, what you said really means a lot. I knew something was wrong in my house but I wasn't sure if leaving would help. Now I know." He said stronger at the end of his speech.

"I'm glad it helped." She said sincerely. "That was incredible." Nick said looking amazed. She simply smiled in thanks. "Well, it's getting late." She said looking at the rising moon. Making a quick decision she went to her home and grabbed a small tablet of paper. "I'm giving you my number. It's basic, no pictures or anything but if you need help, I can be reached." She explained handing the paper to Zak.

———————————————-
Reyna wasn't surprised when the next week she had a call come through her cell phone. Only one person that wasn't with her had the number. She had a feeling she would be seeing a lot of the Ghost Adventures Crew as she had learned they called themselves.

"Hello, Zak." She answered as she finished packing a travel bag. "Reyna, how'd you know it was me?" He sounded surprised. She laughed. "Few things. Very few have my number. It was a Nevada area code. Also, I'm a Seer." She teased. She could feel his embarrassment through the phone. "Oh, ya." He said ruefully.

"Well, then you know what I'm going to ask." He tried teasing back. She smirked, "I do, actually." She wished she could see his face. "I just don't know where exactly. All I saw was a warehouse."

"Holy shit." She heard him whisper. She doubted he realized he said it out loud. "You really are real." He said slightly louder. "As far as I know." She replied taking no offense. "So, Mr. Bagans, where am I meeting you three gentlemen?" She asked ready for an adventure.

————————————-
New Haven, CT

Reyna grabbed her bag from the overhead and calmly walked down the airplane aisle. She never understood the people rushing to get off the plane. She always waited for it to empty before disembarking.

Walking through the airport she followed the signs to pick up. She laughed when she spotted the trio holding a sign proclaiming they were waiting for 'Gypsy Queen'. She had been called much worse. "Hello, gentlemen." She said happily hugging them all briefly. Not missing the spark she got when hugging Zak.

"Hey, Reyna!" Aaron said as happy as ever. "Thanks for coming." Zak said taking her bag from her shoulder. "Any more bags?" He asked pointing to the baggage claim. She shook her head smiling. "You'll find I tend to travel light. That bag can last me a week." She said nodding to the medium sized travel bag.

"You're kidding!" Zak said surprised looking at the bag

"You're kidding!" Zak said surprised looking at the bag. Nick and Aaron laughed. "Dude, I don't think your hair products would fit in that." Nick pointed out. Zak grumbled hitting the other two. "Shut up."

"Ah, high maintenance." She said knowingly. She loved how his tanned cheeks blushed at her comment. "Nothing wrong with that. I bet you'd look just as good without it though." She said winking as they reached a large black SUV. He blushed again making Nick and Aaron laugh harder.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean that to make you uncomfortable." She said putting her hand on his shoulder. He shook his head. "It's fine. But I definitely need it all. You should have seen me 10 years ago. I was a mess." He said sadly. She stopped him from getting into the car.

"Don't do that." She said softly, so the others already in the car couldn't hear. He looked confused. "Don't be your own bully. Anyone who belittles others isn't worth the effort. You are a beautiful soul that just happens to have a very attractive shell."

With that she left a reeling Zak on the sidewalk as she put on her shades and got in the car.