This is all there is

(A/N Sorry if the format is weird i copy and pasted this from word and its all on my phone)
Carpe diem.
Seizing the day, being spontaneous, live in the moment. It all seems so simple on paper.
The task at hand was daunting. Just taking that first step and planning was nerve-wracking enough but now that she was here it seemed even worse.
"I don't think I can do this today," she said aloud, "I'm not ready yet"
The doubt crept over her and all of her feelings began to overwhelm her. The thoughts pulled at her, dragging her down, making her freeze up. Her feet seemed stuck to the floor. Her breathing picked up and she started to shake as a few tears rolled down her face. It was all too much.
"I can't do this. Not yet. I can't do this," she whispered the words over and over again, "not yet. I can't do this yet".
She didn't seem to notice the way her breathing was picking up or the tears that now streamed down her face as she became lost in the overwhelming sea of worry and doubt that plagued her mind. Finally, it became too much for her to handle and she slumped against the wall and slid down to the floor. She drew her knees to her chest, wrapping her arms around her legs and curling in on herself completely. The apartment walls felt like they were closing in on her and she began to feel trapped. Her breathing became uneven and quick as she tried in vain to draw in a breath. It was all too much for her.
It was hard to say how much time had passed, but at some point, after she fell to the floor, the door unlocked and was gently pushed open. Someone spoke but she couldn't understand what it said. The figure moved quietly and slowly towards her, crouching down and taking hold of her hands and unwrapping them from around her legs and holding them gently in theirs. Looking up, the girl saw the familiar face of the person she loved most, and it began to calm her. Tears still flowed down her cheeks as the two looked into each other's eyes before the figure drew her into a hug.
They stayed on the floor in the hug for a few minutes until the girl had calmed down enough and the crying had subsided.
"I don't think I can do it. I'm so sorry Quinn" the girl said in almost a whisper.
"It's okay, you don't have to appologize. I know you're trying so hard and that's all that matters" Quinn replied, "we can always try another day, but I'll be with you the whole time Daisy."
Looking into her partners eyes, Daisy started to feel better. The doubt and fear subsided and passed over her like a wave. That was all it was, just a wave, coming and going with the tide. A slight feeling of determination settled over her as Quinn helped her up off the floor, giving her a quick kiss on the cheek before the girl, Daisy, started to speak.
"Do you promise?" she asked, voice still a bit shaky.
"Of course, I do. I will always be here for you my love," they responded lovingly
"Then maybe I really can do this," she started hesitantly, "if you're there I think I can do this"
"Are you sure?"
"No, but I don't think I'll ever be"
And with that she took that first step out the door, that step that had seemed so troublesome at first but now seemed a little easier. Leaving the house for the first time in a few weeks and taking that first step to recovery. That would be how she would start living life to the fullest. She would be spontaneous today, just in her own way. Even though it was not the traditional way of utilizing the term carpe diem, it was enough in her mind.
Sometimes the smallest act can make the biggest difference and change life in the best way.