Brahms Heelshire x Male Reader

- this happens after the events of the first movie, but in a world where the second movie doesn't exist, happy reading -

3rd POV

   All that was heard through the creepy old mansion was sneezing. Y/n had just taken a new job to clean up an old house, and all the dust was tickling the boys nose. Not ideal but he couldn't do much else about it.

   "This sucks…" Y/n mumbled to himself, running a hand through his now dusty h/c hair. The young cleaner wandered through the empty house, flicking lights off and on every now and then in each room to make sure the electricians had done their job properly.

   A delicious sandwich is what y/n needed, at least, that's what he was thinking while making one in the kitchen, the only truly clean room in the house. Y/n had bought a bunch of groceries for his stay, and once the fridge was running he quickly stored all perishables inside.

   Y/n quietly ate his sandwich, hearing a familiar creaking noise he'd been consistently followed by since he arrived, at first he assumed rats, now he knew it was something bigger.

   "Would you like a piece?" Y/n asked to the empty, creaking room. He wasn't expecting an answer, knowing surely a person wasn't in the walls, perhaps a big cat though, or a family of raccoons.

   The boy glanced over to the strange compartment in the kitchen, it reminded him of a mailbox. Y/n's thought process immediately kicked into that this strange mailbox might be a way to get food into the walls, to feed pets the family wasn't supposed to have maybe?

   "Here, I'll make you one and we can eat together!" Y/n exclaimed, hoping to draw out whatever animal was in the walls, quickly making another two sandwiches, and placing one in the mailbox thing.

   Y/n was patient, he waiting around 5 minutes after the strange clanging and creaking stopped, to check the mailbox. Completely empty. The sandwich had been taken, y/n was overjoyed.

   "Why don't you come out so we can eat together! I'll make more sandwiches!" The cleaner happily invited, knowing a feral animal wouldn't respond. The walls creaked in return, and y/n decided it would be best if he just finished his meal and got back to work, instead of talking to raccoons in the walls.

   The walls y/n passed were covered in dated and creepy paintings, wallpaper and cobwebs. He'd sweep down and cobwebs he spotted and dusted every painting, but not much could be done about the creepy wallpaper.

   While dusting up a painting y/n accidentally knocked his hand against the wall, and to his shock, he heard a knock back. So he tried again. Knock knock. And there it was, in the exact same spot as him, knocking back.

   "Hello?" Y/n muttered, pressing his ear against the wall, and knocking a tune. He quickly heard his tune recited back to him, right against where his head was pressed. Interesting.

   Y/n decided that, for his own sanity, he would pretend that didn't happen, too creepy for his liking.

   The young cleaner boy often ran into creepy situations, and somehow he found himself caring for the strangest doll he'd ever seen, it was cracked and dirty, and it came with rules that the walls spat out. Nonetheless, y/n was caring for this doll and following the list the house had given him, he'd been spooked a few too many times by this thing to disobey at this point.

   "Ok doll, it's lunch time! That means I get a break from cleaning, and you get a break from watching me..." Y/n said, sure he'd gone mad by now.

   Even though it was what y/n claimed to be lunch, the sky was dark. The boy worked strange hours and often lost track of time, so instead of being around 12 o'clock for lunch, y/n was eating at 6:30 in the afternoon, the cold of fall causing the sun to disappear faster than normal.