"Now, let the Final Selection begin," The two kids announced.

Everyone began to advance down the path where the supposedly demons were at. Y/n and Tanjiro lingered behind a bit.

"Good luck out there," Tanjiro said politely.

Y/n nodded, "You too..." he trained off.

"Tanjiro, Tanjiro Kamado."

"Y/n L/n, good luck to you too, Tanjiro-San. Don't die out there," Y/n said as he jogged away.

☁︎︎ Time Skip ☁︎

"Breath of Clouds, First Form: Heavy Stratus," Y/n muttered as he slashed a demons head off making it turn to ash.

Y/n huffed, a puff of clouds coming out of his mouth. He dug his foot into the ground before taking off, following red aura from the demons.

A demon was seen from afar in Y/n's sight. Y/n breathed in and shifted his blade.

"Third Form: Multiple Altostratus."

Y/n swung his katana multiple times, sending the slashes at the demon. The demon snapped it's head around to face Y/n, only to see slashes of clouds coming towards it.

The demon's eyes widened as their forearms were cut off. It's thighs were cut making it bleed. The demon couldn't hold it's stance and toppled to the ground on it's knees.

"Second Form: Swift Cirrus," Y/n mumbled as he disappeared and suddenly reappeared in front of the demon, his blade ready to slice the head off in one swoop.

"W-WAIT!! PLEASE!! SPARE ME!!" The demon pleaded, "PLEASE!! I NEVER WANTED THIS!!"

Y/n blinked. He shifted his blade so quickly, it looked like it didn't even move.

"Fourth Form: Clouds of Rain."

Clouds followed Y/n's blade as they dripped with rain. Y/n swung his blade at the demon's chest, but the wound didn't even look like it was there as clouds with soft rain covered the chest area it was slashed. The demon's eyes widened at this.

"It... it feels so calming..." The demon muttered as it's tears slowly start to fall.

The demon held onto it's chest, looking down at it's hand seeing no blood and feeling no pain. Yet, it feels itself regenerating. It looked up in surprise as Y/n walk up to it.

"You spared me... You've saved me from this hell hole..." The demon muttered.

Y/n only raise his blade, "Sixth Form: Heavenly Cotton," he whispered softly as a line of fluffy cotton clouds was sliced painlessly through the demon's neck.

The demon's eyes shined as it's head fell, 'It feels so wonderful. Who knew death could be so comforting.'

"Arigato₁︎," The demon muttered it's last breathe.

Y/n could only watch as the once pleading demon faded away in dust. He used one of his hands to pray for the demon to be reborn as a human and live on with a better and healthier life than it had before.

Y/n suddenly snapped his eyes opened. He raise his blade, ready to slam it to the ground.

"Seventh Form: Mystic Clouds," Y/n said quickly as he slashed the ground.

The demon that was coming after Y/n eyes widened as clouds exploded from where Y/n stood. The clouds were so thick that the demon couldn't see where it was and where it's prey was.

"I was having a moment, you selfish bastard," a voice muttered from behind the demon, "Second Form: Swift Cirrus."

The demon could barely even react as a slash of clouds sliced it's head off it's body. The demon chocked on its own blood as it's head collided with the ground.

"You son of a bit—" The demon didn't even get to finish it's sentence as it withered away.

Y/n slightly pouted, "That's not very nice. I bet they don't kiss their Okaasan with that mouth," He paused for a second, "Oh, wait, they probably don't have one, my bad."

Y/n held onto his katana as he dashed through the forest dodging the trees and cutting lesser demons in one swing of his blade. On lookers would awe at the sight of the speedy male dashing all of over the place.

"AARGH!!"

Y/n snapped his head towards the yell of a familiar voice. Tanjiro's voice.

'Yoriichi-san's breathe user... I have to protect him,' Y/n thought as as made a run to where he heard the cry.

Y/n came across Tanjiro as he was slammed to a tree and was starting to lose consciousness. His eyes widened as a hand demon was reaching out for the redhead. He breathed in a puff of air as he readied his blade to strike.

"Third Form: Multiple Altostratus."

Tanjiro's eyes widened as the hand that were reaching out for him were suddenly chopped off by multiple slashes of clouds. The demons' eyes also widened as he retracted the hands so he oiled regenerate.

Y/n slid to a stop as he stood in front of Tanjiro.

"Y/n!" Tanjiro called out in surprise.

"Konnichiwa Tanjiro-San, what did I say about not dying?" Y/n said as he got into a fighting stance and moved his blade with his wrist.

"A-Ah! Please be careful!"

"What's this? Another child? Hehehe this is starting to get more fun," The hand demon giggled out, "Are you another student of Urokodaki? You have a cloud kimono like you're little friend here."

Y/n brought his blade to his face and slightly narrowed his eyes at the large demon in front of him, "Gomen₂︎, but I don't know anyone by the name of 'Urokodaki'. I think you must've mistaken me by someone else."

The hand demon only giggled, "That doesn't matter, I get to have two meals today anyways! The more the merrier they say!"

Tanjiro got up from his laying position as he stood next to Y/n, "Not if we kill you first!" He shouted with determination.

"Hehehe, I would like to see you try!"

——————✧ ◦ ✦︎ ◦ ✧——————
1) Arigato means thank you
2) Gomen or Gomennasai means sorry or I'm sorry