Y/n suddenly reached his hand towards the taller male. The taller flinched but let the shorter male be as they both continued to walk. Y/n soon brought back his hand to reveal a black butterfly on his finger.

The taller male blinked in surprise. He glanced back at the white butterfly on the other's head. He copied the shorter's action and brought down the white butterfly to show the (h/c) haired male.

Y/n blinked and tilted his head slightly. He didn't even noticed or feel the butterfly until now.

The two male watched as the two butterflies flew off together. Both of them dancing in the air and flying off to the forest.

Both males looked at each other in the corner of their eyes. The taller male broke contact and looked to the side with a blush that the other didn't and couldn't see.

"Y/n L/n," The shorter male finally spoke up.

"Genya Shinazugawa," The taller male responded as purple Wisteria started to surround them as they continued to walk.

Y/n hummed and only looked forwards. Genya stared a bit at Y/n, wondering why the shorter male wasn't scared of him.

"Good luck in Final Selection," Y/n said as the two came to a clearing with a few people and two kids in the front, "Don't die out there."

Genya nodded, "Yeah... You too, I guess."

Y/n nodded and bowed towards the dark haired male and walked off to somewhere a bit away from all of the kids. Genya stayed where he was a bit before shaking his head and heading the opposite direction.

☁︎︎ Time Skip ☁︎

A dark red headed male with a blue outerwear and a fox mask entered the clearing. The male caught Y/n's eyes since he sort of looked like his mentor.

He watched as the male looked around and.... sniffed the place? Y/n blinked a bit in confusion but shrugged it off. What he didn't noticed was the male looking to his direction and slightly smiling at him.

The red headed male walked over to Y/n with little to no hesitation. Y/n tried to ignore the male by looking away but the other just walked up next to him.

'This guy seems the most calmest out of everyone. His smell is really relaxing, I wonder why he's over here by himself,' the male thought.

Y/n glanced at the male beside him. He scanned the other up and down. His aura was strong and almost suffocates everyone else's aura with determination. Y/n noticed that this male's aura was calming yet strict, it also had the same wavelength as Yoriichi's.

'Must be Yoriichi-san's breathe user. He seems okay, I guess...' Y/n thought, 'Was it Tanjuro? Or was it Tanjiro?'

The red head opened his mouth to talk to Y/n but was cut off by the kids talking.

"Greetings everyone," The two said together, "Thank you for joining the Final Selection tonight. There are a lot of demons held captive on this mountain brought back by demon killing swordsmen. They are unable to leave, because from the mountain foot to half way up, there are a lot of demon repelling Wisteria that bloom every year."

Y/n lowered his head slightly while looking up. He listened carefully to what the kids had to say, because they knew much more than he and anyone else did at the moment.

"However, from here on out, there are no more Wisteria only demons. If you can survive here for 7 days, then you have passed Final Section."

Y/n tapped his katana that was on his bad to check if it was there, out of instincts. He clutched his outerwear with one of his hands and he softly touched his father's earring that now was on his ear. He was ready.