Chapter 17 : Life Moves Forwards and More Weasleys

The next few months passed in a haze of a new-found normality. Harry would train for several days a week and, once he was two months old, Ginny would leave James with Molly for a few hours on those days to go and help out in George's shop. When they weren't working, Harry and Ginny were kept busy organising the rebuilding of the house at Godric's Hollow. They spent a lot of time over at the Burrow and often found themselves mediating some new melodrama occurring between Ron and Hermione. Teddy was now spending two nights a week with Harry and Ginny, sleeping in his own bedroom and Harry used every opportunity to tell him about his brave parents.

In April they were all summoned to St Mungo's for the birth of Fleur and Bill's second child; a girl named Victoire who looked identical, almost, to her older brother. With May, and the end of the quidditch season fast approaching, Harry's practices were becoming longer and longer and on the morning of May 14th, two years to the day since Voldemort was defeated, Ginny and James appeared at the training ground and waved him down. Harry looked towards Oliver who nodded and he swooped down to the ground.

"Morning, love," he said, hopping off the broom as he kissed Ginny's cheek and took James from her arms, "Everything alright?"

"Everything's fine," smiled Ginny as she placed a warm hand on Harry's jaw, "Happy Potter Day."

"Thanks," grumbled Harry.

"Did you forget?" Asked Ginny with an amused grin on her face.

"As if," said Harry before nodding over his shoulder to where his team-mates were practicing, "That lot won't stop going on about it. I'll never forgive Kingsley."

"Oh come on," laughed Ginny, "People just wanted a proper holiday to celebrate."

"It didn't have to involve me though," said Harry grumpily before turning his attention to James who had grabbed his glasses and was attempting to chew them, "Hey trouble, you being good for mummy?"

"He is," smiled Ginny as she watched Harry attempt to remove the spectacles from James' fingers, "There was actually a reason I came down here, apart from reminding you of Potter Day and giving you your son for a while."

"Yeah?"

"Uh-huh, Angelina's gone into labour," explained Ginny.

"Should we go to the hospital?" Asked Harry, glancing up at Alex Spinnet.

"I think she'll be a while yet," said Ginny, "How much longer are you practicing?"

"Forty-five minutes," said Harry, glancing at the familiar old watch on his wrist.

"I'll just wait here with James and we can go together afterwards," said Ginny, tugging her son from Harry's reluctant arms.

"Plan," said Harry, laughing as he finally managed to tug his smudged glasses from James' fingers, "I better get back up there."

He gave Ginny another quick kiss and hopped back onto his trusty Firebolt to rejoin his team. Ginny moved over to the benches and sat with James on her knee, explaining the rules of quidditch to the oblivious boy who was happily gazing at his father. After a few moments Alex flew down, having set the team to practice a few manoeuvres, and joined Ginny and James.

"He gets bigger each time I see him," he said, ruffling the black hair on James' head.

"He's still small for his age, but he's definitely catching up," smiled Ginny.

"Harry said Angelina's gone into labour finally."

Ginny laughed, "That baby's been waiting for just the moment, a week late now."