Chapter 8: Leaving

Chapter 8: Leaving

What seemed like only moments after they had fallen asleep, Harry and Ginny were awoken by a hammering on their door.

Harry groaned and rolled over, "Who the hell is that?" Mumbled Harry.

"Dunno... ignore it," said Ginny sleepily.

However, it was not easy to ignore the persistent knocking and Harry sat up and fumbled for his glasses, "Who is it?" He yelled.

"Ron! Open the door, it's time to get up," came Ron's muffled voice.

Harry mumbled angrily under his breath as he climbed out of the warm bed and cast around the room for a pair of boxer shorts. Finally he retrieved some from under the bed and walked to open the door.

"What is it? It's fucking six o'clock." Asked a very disgruntled Harry.

Ron seemed momentarily a little taken aback by Harry's countenance and attire, especially since he could see his little sister sitting up in bed wrapped in Harry's sheets.

"Oh, er hi," he said awkwardly, "Um, it's the last day..."

"Yeah... I realised," said Harry, his annoyance replaced by amusement, "So what's up?"

"Well I think we're all going to head out and do some pranks and stuff before breakfast, thought you'd want to come..." Said Ron awkwardly.

"Oh, right, yeah. Just give us ten minutes and we'll see you in the common room, yeah?" Said Harry.

"Yeah, alright. I need to get some of the others up so I'll see you," said Ron.

Harry closed the door and walked toward Ginny, "You heard him, time to get up."

Ginny moaned and flopped back on the bed, "Don't want to."

Harry laughed and leaned over her pressing his nose against hers, "Well you have to."

"You're mean," she complained.

"Maybe so," he grinned as he stood up, "D'you want a shower?"

She smiled slightly, "No, we had a pretty thorough one last night, don't you think?"

He laughed again and nodded in agreement, "Do you have any clothes down here?"

"In the top drawer," she mumbled.

Harry walked over to the chest of drawers and opened it. He pulled out a t-shirt and some denim shorts, "Um, Gin, do you have any underwear?"

"Nah, just give me a pair of your boxers. I don't exactly need a bra these days," she said sadly, looking down at her small chest.

This made Harry laugh some more, "It definitely doesn't matter to me, Gin, besides I'm pretty sure that being pregnant will change that."

He threw the things over to Gin who began to begrudgingly pulled them on. Harry changed into clean boxer shorts and, looking out to see a cloudless day, pulled on a pair of long swimming shorts and a t-shirt. He walked into the bathroom and began to brush his teeth, he put some toothpaste on Ginny's brush and took it through to her. She nodded at him and glared.

He smiled and went back into the bathroom to spit out the toothpaste. Ginny followed him to do the same and after she'd had a glass of water she turned her face up to allow Harry to kiss her gently.

"How're you feeling?" He asked.

"Fine, not sore anymore," she replied cheerfully.

"Good," he smiled, "and the baby?"