2, thunderstorm + siblings = ...cuddles?

General POV

It's the next morning, Saturday morning to be exact. Kim and Hailey slept in until 11 and when they woke up it's because the boys were playing games once again and Jay had lost, letting out a frustrated scream which woke them up.

Hailey groans and hides her face in Kim's neck as they get woken up from the boys

"Can't... Can't they just be quiet for one morning?..." Hails says, yawning while saying it
"Apparently not.." Kim responds, rubbing the palm of her hand against her forehead.

Kim is not a morning person at all, Hailey just gets moody if someone or something wakes her up.

They try to go back to sleep but they just can't as the boys won't shut up. They then decide to get up and go to the boys, also wanting to check why their dad isn't doing anything about it.

"What are you guys doing?" Kim asks as the girls walk in to the room where the boys are.
"Playing video games" Adam says quickly, not taking his eyes off the screen
"Well be more quiet, you've woken both of us up." Hailey says, yawning and rubbing her eyes.
"Yeah yeah we'll try" Jay says, still fully focused on the game

"Where's dad?" Hailey asks, kind of confused why he hasn't stormed in and told them to be quiet yet.

"He got called in to work. They've gotten a last minute case." Kevin answers and she nods

"I'm gonna go and get ready" Kim says before going back to her room, grabbing some clothes and a hair brush before going to the bathroom to shower.
Hailey gets ready as well and the boys continue to play games. Eventually it's lunch time and they decide to call Voight

"Hey dad" Kim says as Voight picks up

"Hey kiddo, what's wrong?"

"When are you gonna be home? It's already lunch time"

"It definitely won't be soon... I'll try my best to be home before 6, alright? You guys can order something for lunch or make something yourself"

"Alright, we'll see you then. good luck at work. Be safe."

"I will, don't worry. I love you guys"

"We love you too. Bye" She says as they hang up.

She calls everyone down to the kitchen, sitting on the counter herself.

"Alright. Dad's not gonna be home until around dinner time, so do ya'll wanna order something for lunch or just see what we have here?"

"I can warm up a pizza? We still have some leftover." Kevin says after all of them responded with
'I don't care'
They all agree on that and he grabs the pizza, putting it in the microwave and then waiting for it to be ready.

When it's warmed up they eat it in silence.

Whenever their dad gets called in randomly for a case it's way more scary and worrying for them then when they know he has work. Probably because they can't mentally prepare themselves now.

When lunch is finished they decide to do Voight a favor and clean their rooms, along with the kitchen, living room and the bathrooms.

They get to work and finish after some hours, being happy with the result.
But after around 45 minutes the next obstacle arrives:

A storm.

The weather has changed a lot and not even an hour has passed.

It's a thunder storm with a lot of rain and wind. It's not exactly dangerous, but it definitely is scary.

They decide to settle down in the living room, finding comfort in each other as their dad still isn't home yet. Every single one of them finds it scary, some of them showing it more then others.

And just when they thought it couldn't get any worse, The power goes out.

"Well this is a successful weekend.." Kevin says as he and Adam grab some flashlights from upstairs.

"Yeah you can definitely say that" Adam responds as they go back downstairs to the rest, handing them all their own flashlight.

"Dad texted me some time ago, saying he'll be home in 2 hours" Jay says
"When did he send that? While we were talking about embarrassing stories of ourselves?" Hailey asks, him nodding in response
"Yeah, that's around 45 minutes ago"

"So we gotta wait for more then a hour for him to come home." She sighs, letting herself fall backwards onto the couch
"1 hour and 15 minutes to be exact" Kevin tells them
"That's 75 minutes" Adam says
"4500 seconds.." Kevin continues, only to be stopped by Kim

"Guys. Not this right now. Please"

They nod and decide to kill some time by making some homework together, playing games and telling stories.
Well, the homework part only lasts for around 10 minutes because all of them find it way to boring to stay focused on it for longer then that. So It's mostly playing games and telling stories.

Eventually the power has gotten back again, the storm has settled down and their dad can be home any second.

And that is exactly what happens, but he comes home to his children having a pillow fight in the living room, the decorations and candles from the little table in the living room being all over the place as some pillows fly through the air.

(The candles are off, just so you know)

"So I come home after a very long day. Being tired, hungry and worried because you guys were home alone in the storm without any power or ways to communicate with me and this is what I walk in to?" He says, and the kids freeze immediately as they didn't hear him come home and the room is a mess.

"H...hi dad..." Hailey says after some moments of uncomfortable silence.

Voight sighs as he looks around the room "Alright... I'm going to make dinner while you guys clean this up and put everything back on it's place. Also Jay you have a nose bleed so go take care of that. Understoo-"
He says before getting interrupted by Kim saying something to Jay

"See, I did get you good with that last hit.." She says while giggling, which doesn't lasts long as jay smashes a pillow in her face and she loses her balance, causing her to fall backwards onto the couch.
"Well I just did the winning hit so.." He puts the pillow down and goes upstairs to take care of his nose
"Mhm... You just wait Jay. You, just, wait." Kim says while getting up when Jay has left the room.

They clean up the living room, and by the time they've finished that dinner is ready so they settle down at the dinner table.

For once it's actually very quiet while eating dinner because the pillow fight, and just the whole day in general, has made everyone tired and they just wanna eat and relax.

After some hours it's time to go to bed, and Voight has to go along with the kids to make sure they actually go into bed and don't fall asleep while getting changed or brushing their teeth.

He gets everyone in to bed, along with a goodnight kiss whether they like it or not.

Some hours later

Voight is downstairs watching tv when he hears someone coming down the stairs, he looks over and sees Hailey walking towards him.

"What's up Hails?" He says as she sits down next to him, laying her head on his shoulder.
"I had a nightmare... You got seriously injured on the job..." She tells him, trying to hold back the tears
He hugs her and rubs her back as she hugs back, resting her head on his shoulder.

"I'm okay Hailey, and I promise that I will be very careful." She nods slowly, falling asleep as he quietly talks to her.

After some minutes she's fallen asleep, so Voight turns off the tv and carries her back upstairs, laying her back in her bed and placing a soft kiss on her forehead.

"Sleep well Hails" He whispers before checking on the other kids and going to bed himself.