📦𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝘄𝗼📦

Start from the beginning

"This was my grandad's house, and the mortgage has been paid off," Mac replies

"So what it's been hunted ever since you moved into the place, you know it's no coincidence that everyone in the horror movie died, and you know that place was haunted for sure," Jack says still rambling on, I don't get how that doesn't affect him.

"My house isn't haunted, and statistically speaking coincidences are inevitable," Mac says stopping.

"Let's just focus on one thing at a time, like, surviving today, that would be cool wouldn't it," I say and Mac nods.

"Super cool," Jack says.

📦📦📦

"And more red wires," I say as Mac pulls them out.

"It's official every door and every window, even the secret escape hatch I have, has been rigged," Mac says walking over to me and Jack.

"You have a secret escape hatch and you didn't tell me about it?" Jack says slightly offended.

"We if he did it wouldn't be so secret, would it?" I say and Mac points at me as if to say I'm right.

"So let me get this straight, we're stuck in here, and unless we wanna shout at Bozer all day and watch him run up and down that hill all day, which is very satisfying, there's no way to communicate with the outside world?" Jack says with a confused and worried tone.

"Not yet," Mac answers fiddling with his army knife.

"Can you fix that?" I ask confused.

"Actually, I've been thinking about that, I've got an idea," he says walking up to the door.

"Hang on a second," Jack says putting a hand on Mac's shoulder as he starts to look into the light switch.

"What?" He asks confused.

"How do you know that's not connected to the bomb?" Jack whispers for some reason.

"That's what I'm checking," he says talking the switch bit off.

"All clear," he says looking into it with a flashlight.

📦📦📦

Me and jack are waiting for Mac.

He then walks back in.

"Riley got the message," he says.

"Ok, cool so you think she'll be able to make your static light phone thing," Jack says.

"It's a photophone," I say and Jack looks at me kind of confused.

"Whatever," he replies clearly bored.

"Yeah they're really straightforward, I'll show you, can you grab me that boom box over there Y/n?" He says and I go and get it.

"It's a pretty sad excuse for a boom box," Jack says as I hand it to Mac.

He takes it then starts to take apart the lights.

"Alright, there, start talking, I need to test it out," Mac says handing Jack a mic.

"What do you want me to do?" Jack says confused.

"Just start talking," he replies.

"What do you want me to say?" He asks.

"Doesn't matter, anything you want," he says moving around.

📦📦📦

Mac walks back into the room to Jack singing and dad dancing, he looks very confused.

He continues for a while, I don't get how it's not annoying Mac at all.

"Keep it up Dolton, and the only hammer time you're gonna know is the one I'm gonna hit you with when this is all over," what sounds like Matty says through the boom box.

They both get really excited.

"Hey I can't believe it, but it's working you're talking through the lights," Jack says really happy.

"It's good to hear your voice," Mac says less happy than Jack, but still happy.

I walk over to the two of them,

"It's good to hear yours too, now talk to me about this bomb, how's it going in there, are you able to disarm it?" She asks.

"No clue, setting up coms was step one, now we can talk, I'm gonna look at the bombs explosives," Mac says handing back the boom box to Jack.

"Mac, please work quickly, there's a lot of worried people out here," she says sounding nervous.

"Don't worry Matty, Mac's never met a bomb he couldn't defuse," Jack says reassuring her, and me.