I feel tears coming out as I slowly fell to the ground and sat there, staring at the cracks in the floor. Maybe that's just my fate, to have my goals and hopes shattered every time I'm about to reach them.

I suddenly hear a creaking noise, and I shoot my head up, quickly whipping my tears away and looking at my visitor. In came Saiko, a blue haired, NEET-like girl, a little on the chubby side (if you tell her that she'll hit you) and her eyes are very different from all the other Quinx.

Let me explain in case you don't know what a Quinx is.

A Quinx is a human with a modified quinque put into their body, and it resembles a kagune, so their usually commonly mistaken as ghouls or half ghouls.

I'm the leader of the Quinx team. In this squad is four other people including me. There is Urie, who you already met from the mansion. Then there's Shirazu, a blond, sharp toothed fella with a scratchy voice that scares little kids, but he's a good guy. Then Mutsuki, who's really a girl in disguise as a woman (she doesn't like men looking at her, and I'm the only one that knows this), she wears an eye patch, and has dark, forest green hair. Then there's Saiko, a neet that joined in and became a Quinx for the money, like most of them. Though she is a bit more lazy than the others, and only works when we have to force her to.

"Hey, Saiko. What is it?" I ask, putting a hand on my face, breathing calmly.

She tilts her head with a straight face. "Are you okay? I heard some rustling in here." She asked.

I smile. "Everything is fine." I said while placing a hand under my chin, rubbing it.

She stares at me for awhile, then sighs and walks out, down the hall and back into her room. I can't make them worry too much, I have to be a good example. I beef up my chest and stand, I'm a dove... and a ghoul... a weird combo, I guess. I smile, maybe this is just how it's supposed to be.

I finally have a place I can call home, with a family even. Not really a family, but a mental one at that, I guess. I walk out of my room and into the living room, and I hear a knock at the door.

I hurry to it and look through the eye hole, outside is a black haired, small guy, with a happy smile on his face and a few stitches left on his arm near his elbow. Beside him is a long, black haired tall man, who has a blank expression on.

I smile and open the door, and instantly the short ones hand pat me down, soon going into my pockets and pull out the candy I've been hiding.

"Hello Sasaki!" Juuzo said with a giant grin.

"Juuzo." I do a small bow and nod at his companion, Hanbee Abara. He nods back and I allow them to fully get into the apartment complex. Juuzo walks around, touching everything and giggling, I guess he's in a good mood.

"I'm ready to do this!" He cheers, carrying a bag of luggage with him, and I'm guessing it's a make up kit and dresses inside.

Okay, before you get confused, were doing an investigation... and we need a girl investigator to go in an auction ghouls are holding. Apparently, Mutsuki got that part, and is not happy about it either. I want to speak out for her, but everyone at the burrow blew me off, saying it was done and there was nothing I could do about it.

Mutsuki comes and follows Juuzo into a room, so they can change into their outfits. Me and Hanbee stand there, waiting. This is kind of awkward...

"How long have you known Investigator Susuya, Sasaki?" Hanbee asked suddenly, still staring at the door.

I smile nervously. "The first time I met him, he gave me some money, saying that he owed me some... but I don't remember anything about him owing me money or anything..." I trailed off, and kicked around with my feet, wanting them to hurry.

Soon, they come out and I try to be more direct. "Alright, let's go. No time to waste, where are they picking you up?" I asked.

Juuzo laughs. "Don't worry, we can just walk there, c'mon, Mutsuki-chan~!" He says happily, pushing Mutsuki along with him.

Their both dressed as girls, so it's... different. Juuzo has long black hair, dressed as almost a gothic loli or something... and Mutsuki is dressed in a nice dress, with her hair tied into a ponytail.

I guess I've only actually seen her as a girl when we were at that rave place doing an investigation, and she got drunk, that's how she got in this auction, she accidentally talked to one of the ghouls associated with Nutcracker, and got auctioned in.

She doesn't look like she's enjoying herself now.

I stop them and ask Juuzo for a moment. He nods and leans against the wall, tapping his foot impatiently. I take Mutsuki to the hall and give her the best smile I could conjure up.

"Do your best." I said, looking her in the eye.

She squirmed, blushing a bit. "Y-Yeah." She mumbled.

I make a worried expression. "C'mon, you'll do fine. Just don't think too much about it, okay?" I said, placing a hand on her shoulder, slightly pushing her towards back to Juuzo. She looked back at me with a worried expression, she looked like she wanted to be anywhere but here right now.

I still smile as they walk out the door and I become silent, staring at the ground.

Now I have to get ready.

(If you want a better explanation of the situation, then friggin read the Manga!) - MnMs171

Go to:
Goodmanga.net

To read the Manga for free~