"Fuck this man, I ain't getting hit by a girl. And my ma would be pissed if she would ever find out I fought one." I smirked at all of them as one by one the group of boys ran away.

"This isn't over benny boy! We won't stop until you give us what you promised." As soon as they left I looked at Ben with stern eyes.

"What did you promise them." He looked at me for a split second, but then looked back down. He didn't say anything for a moment and then sighed.

"A spot in the mafia." He finally answered my question.

I sighed heavily and shook my head. "Why Ben?" I groaned.

"Because I needed drugs..." His voice broke because of the emotion. And I felt the need to comfort him rather than scold him. He was more than stupid for promising a spot to those stupid boys. But I could see he needed nothing but love and a shoulder to lean on right now.

"Oh Ben," I spoke softly while hugging him tightly

"I don't know what to do Ange. I can't fight all of them on my own and they said they would kill me..." I squeezed them tightly.

"I will protect you Ben; we can do this together. But you need to promise me to never promise something like that ever again. No matter what." I whispered. "why don't you go home with me hmm? After all, we are having a family dinner tonight." I couldn't help but roll my eyes at those words.

That drew a chuckle from Bens's lips. "Another Garcia and Moretti showdown. Wouldn't miss that for the world." I chuckled half-heartedly.

When we got into the car I sat back and clenched my jaw. As I was reminded with a shot of pain in my ribs. I clenched my eyes shut for a few moments and as the pain subsided, I opened them again. Looking towards Ben who was staring at his phone. "Did they hurt you?"

"No, they didn't get the chance, because you came along and p-. How did you do that by the way?" He asked suddenly, looking curious.

"Do what?" I asked dumbly.

"Punch him like that- I mean I never taught you that. A-and you broke his nose?" He looked completely bewildered and he furrowed his eyebrows as he thought more deeply.

"I don't know how." I averted my eyes and spoke quietly. "I just punched him," I shrugged, lying through my teeth.

"Oh." He cleared his throat. "Well did you good! I couldn't punch like that until I was like- halfway is done with my dense training. Guess you are just a natural."

"Yeah." I laughed nervously. "I guess."

When we got home, I was happy because we were having tea at our place which meant we didn't have to go to the Moretti estate. Although my family have no idea why I don't think I could ever forgive them. cause how many straws can one person take? How many chances does a family get?

---

"Dinner time!" I huffed loudly. Which caused an odd look from Ben. "Jesus I didn't think spending time with family could be so bad."

You have no idea.

"I am just not in the mood." He nodded and smiled weakly.

"Oh makes sense." He then looked at me with wide eyes and caught my wrist. I raised my eyebrow questionably. "Please don't tell the family about today or the deal I made. They would kill me and I don't want to be gro-."

"It's ok ben," I smiled. "I have your back." His shoulders relaxed and he pulled me into a big hug.

"Thanks, Lina! You're a great cousin! By far my favourite." I smiled in his warm embrace. The warmth was so loving and soft, that my heart wanted to have it forever.