𝟐𝟗 ⇢ 𝐁𝐔𝐒

ayako had ran off with tanaka, which you were only mildly offended about, so you decided to go find your boyfriend.

the last time you saw him, he'd been in the back of the theater, so you immediately started making your way there. you ran down the outside aisles of the theater, trying not to call too much attention to yourself.

you saw a group of boys in red uniforms, so you made your way there. you spotted kuroo's spiky black hair and sped up. he noticed you coming, and his face lit up with a smile.

"y/n!" he called, spreading open his arms.

you grinned and ran into them, jumping up and wrapping your legs around his waist. he caught you, holding you up by placing his hands underneath your thighs.

"you were so good," kuroo said into your ear.

suddenly, you felt emotional, and your eyes watered. you didn't know why exactly. maybe it was that your hard work seemed to have paid off. maybe it was that you were overwhelmed, having been put through a whole roller coaster of emotions in only the past few hours.

"i was so nervous," you said, feeling the tears threaten to fall down your cheeks.

"i couldn't tell," he said softly. "you were amazing, baby. yamamoto almost fainted."

"he did?" you asked, pulling your face out of the crook of his neck to look at him with concern.

"relax, i was exaggerating," kuroo laughed. "but yaku said you were hot so i slapped him, i hope that's okay with you."

"what?" you tilted your head to the side, completely confused, and that let out a small giggle.

kuroo put you down and leaned his face towards yours slowly, eyes drawing together.

"why are your eyes watery?" he asked, voice heavy with concern. "did you cry?"

"no," you said quickly. "i was just emotional, i guess. i'm happy because all my work paid off. and i think i'm a little overwhelmed." as you talked, a single tear slid down your cheek.

kuroo nodded with a soft smile, reaching out his thumb to wipe your face. your heart swelled; kuroo never failed to make you feel special.

"don't mess up your makeup, baby. you look so pretty."

you giggled. "sorry," you said, ruffling his hair. "did you win your game?"

"uh huh." kuroo looked proud, and you clapped your hands together happily. "it was close, but we did."

"i wish i could have been there."

"don't worry about it. it's okay."

"but you have a game tomorrow, right? i can come to that before the awards ceremony." you began to think of different plans for tomorrow based off of kuroo's game.

he nodded. "i'll be listening for your cheers." he winked, but then his eyes focused on something behind you.

"y/n."

the voice caused to you physically jump. you whipped around around, eyebrows furrowed.

"mom and dad? what are you doing here?"

"you invited us, didn't you?" your mother asked, clutching her purse in a way that seemed almost nervous.

"yeah, but... i thought you said you weren't coming."

"we managed to clear our schedules," your father informed you. "sorry we didn't get to tell you. it was extremely last minute."

you nodded slowly, not sure whether to be happy or upset.