𝟏𝟔 ⇢ 𝐂𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐀𝐈𝐍

your math class had just ended, so you'd put your things in your locker and come to the library to spend your free. the only things remaining in your backpack were your sketchbook, a few folders and binders, and kuroo and kenma's clothes.

it was quiet in the library. there were very few people here, especially since you were sitting in the corner, fairly cut off from view.

you put in your airpods and laid your head on the table just wanting to relax, but before you could even begin to, something fell in front of your face.

you jumped a little in surprise, quickly whipping your head up to see what it was. you came face to face with your orange outfit from saturday night.

"you left it at my house," kuroo said, sitting across the table from you.

"oh, i was hoping i'd run into you." you reached into your backpack, pulling out his hoodie and kenma's sweatpants. "here. thank you for letting me borrow them." you held them out to him.

kuroo smiled. he took kenma's pants off the top of the pile, but left his hoodie. "keep that," he said with a smirk. "i like it on you."

you smiled, feeling flustered, and shoved it back into your backpack along with your orange outfit. kuroo tapped his fingers on the table, waiting for your attention.

you looked at him nervously. "what?" you asked, feeling your stomach churn.

"bokuto told me that you asked him to the dance on friday," kuroo began, looking you dead in the eye. the intensity of his stare made you look away. "why did you do that?"

you sighed, feeling embarrassed. "kasumi made me feel bad about not having a date."

kuroo raised an eyebrow, leaning forward on the table. "but he likes you."

you laughed a little. "you don't know that for sure, kuroo."

"i do. he told me after we danced."

your lips parted. could that be why kuroo was drinking like there was something wrong when you were sitting with kenma? no... it couldn't be.

"well, it doesn't really bother me," you said, shrugging your shoulders.

"it bothers me," kuroo's voice was deep and authoritative. it made you shiver. "why didn't you ask me to be your date?"

"you're going with kasumi." just speaking the words made you sad.

kuroo drew his eyebrows together in confusion. "who told you that?"

"she did."

he ran a hand down his face, looking frustrated. "i don't want to go to the dance with kasumi."

"why not? i thought--"

"y/n." kuroo interrupted you. he was shaking his head, which made you worry. "look at me."

you did, meeting his eyes nervously,

"any reason i would ever go to the dance with kasumi completely disappeared when i started spending time with you. i only kept kasumi around for sex, but..." he paused, and you saw him take a deep breath. 

your heart rate sped up. 

"sex with kasumi is nothing compared to you. with you, there's..." he seemed to have a hard time getting the words out. "there's feelings."

your lips parted. kuroo looked you in your eyes.

"i don't want her, y/n." his voice softened. "i want you."

you blinked at him. did he just confess? your heart was pounding in your chest as kuroo stared at you.

"i don't want you to think i'm using you or something because of my reputation. this is different. i haven't felt like this for so long. i just... i actually like you." kuroo's eyes met your expectantly, pleading for you to say something.