January 1930

Sybbie ran down the gravel path in her heavy coat, woollen mitts, and earmuffs. Tom called out to her loudly.

"Sybbie, slow down, there's a patch of ice-" he was cut off by her ear piercing scream.

She cradled her left arm, sitting on the cold, thin sheet of ice. Tears rolled down her face as she continued to cry out in pain.

Cora and Mary came running outside after hearing the yells. Tom scooped her up and carried her gently.

"What's wrong!?" Cora asked frantically.

"She was running and slipped, clumsy one. I'll ring up doctor Clarkson." Tom chuckled, but with concern.

"It hurts!" She wailed.

Inside, Sybbie sat on a red couch, with her arm propped up on pillows. In her other hand she held her teddy, whom she called Paddington.

Robert had given her the boxes set of Paddington Bear books for Christmas, and she had fallen in love. Paddington was her sense of security. She's had the bear since she was 2 years old, and she took it everywhere she went.

Tears stained her cheeks, and she sniffled everytime she moved. She winced at the pain. Doctor Clarkson took one look at her wrist and sighed.

"Your off to the theatres, my girl." He said.

"No!" She cried.

"Not any operation! Just to get it plastered. It will keep the bone in place and should heal." He chuckled.

Sybbie took a deep breath. From now on, she was going to be much more careful.

XxXxXxXxXx

Holy cow guys! I almost have 1k reads! How great! If any of you didn't catch it, Sybbie's Teddy is called Paddington because Hugh Bonneville (Robert) stars in the movie Paddington! Xx Emma xX