chapter 4 (sorry for another short one)

Summer told me about her sister Karen, she likes to be called miss Karen as she considers herself high and respectable in the social chain because she is a designer who makes wonderful gowns for rich and popular women. Summer told me that she was very kind and made simple little owns for the orphan girls, Summer hoped that she might make me a gown or two so i could wash them and re-wear them while the others were drying, if she did i would have four gowns! Summer told me. she was educated and employed. i was very proud of my new family. i felt like i knew them my whole life, i had some kind of...connection to them. Miss Karen was coming at around Supper, This was the first time i was meeting her, she would not allow a beggar child in her home, so i had to look respectable, which meant my first bath, since i was 6. The warm water felt nice it soothed and calmed my muscles, i couldn't stretch in the too small tub, but i had never been so relaxed, Summer washed my hair, Pouring buckets of water over my head, when the bath was done i sat next to the mini fireplace wrapped in a towel, my hair had magically changed from dirty fair to bleach blonde, my skin was no longer slightly tanned but white as snow, and my hands were squeaky clean, I was told to address every woman by miss or Mrs. Miss Summer dressed me in a simple pink gown of hers, it was much too big but she just took a ribbon and tied it around my waist.

"okay little Miss Gabby!" she sang "are you ready? i nodded, my hand were shaking and beads of sweat were rising up onto the skin of my neck, just then there was three light chaps at the door, Miss Summer opened it to reveal a smiling beauty, with green eyes like Miss Summers and blonde curls like mine, her lips were peach pink and her cheeks a shade lighter, she was wearing a magnificent gown, it was white and puffy though the corset was tight and pulled her waist in making her look extremely skinny, she hugged Miss Summer lightly then turned to me, confusion flashed across her face,

"Who is this?" she asked with a light traveler twang to her voice, she had perfect grammar and posture, she was gorgeous.

"Hello Miss Karen, I am Gabriella Phillips" i whispered bowing my head, she giggled, shaking her head.

"Don't look so frightened my dear...im not going to bite you" she said gently taking my hand, i looked up at her and smiled, she gasped quietly and looked away, i wondered what i had done...

authors note: sorry for another short chapter but they are uploading quickly vote comment and fan. ill be happy to read your stories in return if you leave a comment, suggestions welcome x