🦋

You watch as the newly wed couple get into the car, which will take them to a cruise for their honeymoon

You watch as the newly wed couple get into the car, which will take them to a cruise for their honeymoon. You and everyone else wave them off as the car starts heading down the road, fading into the dark night. You look up at the sky, stars spread everywhere, and you can even see the slightly bigger white speck that would be Venus.

You need a drink, an escape of the hell you just went through today. It has drained you to a withering mess, so you look up the nearest bar that's in a safe, non-shady environment. Everyone else slowly departs, getting into their cars as well as you. Once you're in the car, you aggressively throw off your heels, pushing them to the backseat. A relieved sigh escaping your lips.

You are so tired you decide not to go for a drink, you can just make one yourself at home. Starting the car you head home, a pounding headache completely blocking your train of thought as you struggle to drive home. This is going to be a long night.

You're home, finally you thought. You instantly shuffle over to your cabinet, grabbing Advil and a bottle of margarita mix. Opening the bottle with the pill in your other hand, you take a gulp of the margarita and quickly throw the pill into you mouth.

After taking your medication, you stride over to the bathroom, turning on the shower to let the warm water come in. You place the margarita down on the sink counter, pulling the zipper from your back to let the suffocating dress fall to the ground.

You grab the bottle, walking into the shower. A relaxed moan escaping your lips at the massaging hot water warming your cold and lonely body. You feel safe, your thoughts completely blocked as the alcohol relaxes your tense consciousness. You don't need him, you thought. You just need the alcohol.

[ • • • ]

Morning has come and you have no motivation to do anything but stay in bed and hope you disappear. The feeling of depression is not a foreign feeling but you can't deny when it still hurts 2x more every time it hits. Especially when your best friend and the guy you loved are probably sucking each other's faces right now. A thought you didn't want to wind up in your mind.

You check your phone, 8:39 AM. You have 30 minutes to get dressed and head to work, but the real question is do you even want to go today. You come to the conclusion that you have no choice.

Finally you are dressed, taking one more sip of the coffee that is now starting to turn cold. Yo grab your keys and shut the door behind your house, locking it and heading to the car.

You got this, you are strong and independent. Just get through today's shift and you will have the rest of the day to yourself. If you were still a college student that would be a completely different case, but graduating from university last year was probably the best thing to happen to you.

After all, your luck was never existent from the day you were born.