4

At night, Shota returned home from school and my mom also got off work. Jongseob was still outside in the internet cafe with his friends.

"Chaerin ah! If you're feeling alright can you walk Shota to the dance studio?"

"Yes," I called out from my room, responding to Shota's mom.

I needed to talk to him after hearing what Jiung told me.

Shota and I went out, taking the bus and afterwards walking on the streets, which were less busy compared to daytime.

Just like usual, we didn't talk and just stayed on our phones during the bus ride. But as we walked, I started the conversation.

"Hey..."

Shota looked at me, confused.

"I didn't know that you were the one who found me when I... you know," I said, "I'm really sorry. It must've been really scary for you."

The boy seemed a bit taken a back at first before his expression returned to normal. He stayed quiet for a while after putting away his phone.

"Yes, it was scary," he responded, "but not because of what I saw."

"You know what kind of movies I watch," he added, making both of us chuckle.

Thinking about it, Shota isn't the type to be scared at the sight of blood or dead people at all.

"I was scared at the thought of losing you, noona."

I widened my eyes at his words. We stopped walking.

"So... don't apologize," he stared at me, "I'm glad that you're still here. It's really enough... the fact that you're alive."

I didn't know what to respond.

I felt a heavy rock lifted off my heart, but at the same time it was overwhelmed with emotions. I smiled a bit as I held back my tears.

Shota hesitated for a bit before quickly giving me a hug and letting go.

"Jongseob is not going to like this," he said, giggling, making me laugh as well.

"Alright, we're here," I replied after we walked for another while and arrived at the dance studio.

"Noona, when will you join me in dance classes again?" Shota asked.

I looked at the people inside through the glass. I could feel my heart sink a bit and my head lowered.

My voice turned quieter. "I don't even know if I should join anymore..."

The younger boy looked confused. "If it makes you happy, then you should continue dancing!"

But what if it's my biggest source of happiness AND pain at the same time?

"You're right," I forced a smile, "maybe I'll join after my leg has fully recovered."

"Yay!!" He cheered, making me laugh.

"Now go in, the lesson is about to start."

"Okay, bye noona," Shota smiled.