Seventy One

Harry Styles

It's snowing.

I should've been expecting it with how cold it was yesterday, but I was convinced I just needed longer to adjust to the New York air. California is obviously very warm compared to here, so I thought the chilled air was this side of the country's usual temperature.

I was very obviously wrong, there now being five inches of fluffy white snow covering every sidewalk, street, park, building top, everywhere.

I woke up this morning to find Aubrey sitting on the dresser at the crack of dawn with her legs crossed to peek out of the window of our room. Her hands were pushing the curtains open just enough for her to see, not wanting to wake me up, and she was sitting on the wooden surface while wearing nothing but one of my sweaters and a pair of underwear.

She went on and on about how pretty it looked once she saw that I was awake, beyond excited to go out in it later on in the day. I rested my head on her and watched it with her for a bit even though I've seen it millions of times before. Her excitement about something so simple is infectious, and I like hearing her talk about it. She even made her way to the balcony in the main area before breakfast to make a snowball and throw it at me.

We got a bit too busy for the majority of the day with preparation for the premiere, Danielle demanding a last-minute fitting to make sure the clothing we tried on months ago is still perfectly tailored to our bodies. We had to decide on our afterparty outfits as well, and she refused to show me hers as a sort of surprise for the big night. She made a request for a certain color she wanted me to wear, and I'm assuming she wants us to match.

There were also the many hairstylists, makeup artists, and nail techs that talked to everyone in the suite about their references looks-wise. Being pampered like that made Ruby extremely excited since she's never been treated like that before, and Aubrey was helping her make different makeup and clothing decisions which made her even happier. Every professional we've met with came to us, meaning Aubrey hasn't been out in the snow yet despite practically bursting at the seams in need to go out all day.

Now, she's putting a black beanie on my head and adjusting my hair with the new covering. My curls stick out a bit at the bottom, curving upwards around the lower portion of the hat. She grins at me once she sees that it's on, smoothing her hands over one of the two thick black puffer jackets Danielle insisted that we kept after hearing her rave about the weather like she has been nonstop since she saw it.

The other one is covering her more petite self, my eyes trained on her as she adjusts the white beanie on her head to make sure the puffball on the top is centered correctly. Her hair is down today, flowing out from beneath her hat and resting perfectly on her shoulders. She doesn't have any makeup on due to not having any time to apply it with all of the planning chaos. I couldn't be happier about it, honestly.

I like the days where she feels comfortable enough around others to go bare-faced for the day. I love how she looks either way, definitely not being one of those guys who thinks she's "fake" for enhancing some of the features already on her face to begin with with a bit of makeup when she wants to. I don't know if guys realize how stupid they sound when saying things like that.

She's absolutely beautiful either way, so why would I care?

Once she thinks her hat is okay, she turns to look at me and gestures to her outfit with an excited bounce to her every movement, "Is this good?"

I nod in approval, "Mhm."

With our jackets and hats, we also have two pairs of sweatpants layered on top of each other to keep us warm. She also has on white boots, while mine are black. It's hot to wear all of these layers inside, so I'm definitely ready to go out there. I also know how adorably excited she's going to be about this, so I'm looking forward to seeing it.