Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Kale's POV

"Oh shut up" I told Jesse, the person I was looking for. And of course, he was waiting for me.

Jesse was a cousin of mine, his dad is my dad's younger brother. And like his father, he is angry with us for taking up grandfather's throne.

Jesse looked up when he heard my voice, his hands covered in blood, his eyes a bright red, filled with hunger and lust. Except, it wouldn't be the kind of lust your thinking, instead, lust for blood.

"Well well well, look what it is," he dropped the dead human girl, who he was obviously feasting on, and angry that he made a mess. His eyes switching from a red colour, to a more of blue colour, same as his mother's eyes. His rust coloured hair, gleamed in the little light that was coming in the alley.

I may have brown hair, and so does my uncle, but Jesse mother had rust coloured hair trait Jesse inherited.

"What do you think your doing?" I asked him, gesturing to the human right to in front of him, annoyed. All he did was smirk, blood covering his lips.

"Just bathing in the advantages of having royal blood you?" He asked. Royal blood. Advantages. Vampires. Fuck it all. It's people like him that make me pity humans. Since he has 'royal' blood, he has the same advantages, or at least most of them, as the royal family. To drink from humans as you please would be one of them.

"What do you want?" I asked, even though we never made plans to meet here, it was obvious that he wanted to drag me here. And when he does that, he wants something from me.

"Now what makes you think I want something from you?" He asked me. I let out a frustrated breath. Dealing with Ashleigh is good enough for me, Jesse is just adding to my anger right now.

"Why else would you fucking drink from a human not 3 blocks from the school?" I asked him, referring to the boarding school.

"You got me," he shrugged, straightening his back, with a sheepish grin playing on his lips.

I just stared at him, folding my arms across my chest, staying silent. He took this as a sign to continue.

"We'll you see, I heard about you new mate," he told me, a glint in his eyes. I nodded, keeping a blank face.

"I also heard that you were having trouble with her since she seems to have a bad case of ADHD," he continued. I narrowed my eyes. Where is he hearing this from?

"Does that ring a bell of any kind?" He asked, even though he already knew the answer.

"What has that have anything to do with what you want?" I asked him. He let out a low chuckle. Shaking his head he continued.

"It's not what I want you see, what I am trying to get at is, I can help you with your problem," he told me, smirking.

"I don't need any of your help Jesse, knowing you, this is just one of your plans to screw with the royal family," I accused him, confirming my assumption when he flat out glared at me, crinkling his nose.

"What? Can't I help my cousin?" He asked innocently. Sighing, I stayed silent.

"We both know you dislike the girl, so why don't I just get rid f her," he told me, the glint back in his eyes. Internally groaning, I asked myself why do I even bother with Jesse.

And so said I disliked Ashleigh?

Wait, why am I even asking myself this? I can't like her. I have to chose a girl who would make a great vampire queen, Ashleigh would not make a great leader.