Chapter 7

Sammy woke up with a jolt, his body was shivering, waking him completely up and making him aware. His hand tightened its grip upon the arm that was planted firmly across him. A second later Dean returned to pressure. Dean had slid into the hospital bed with Sammy and laid nexts to him. Dean had his arm rapped behind Sam's head and it laid somewhat upon his chest. Sam's head was laying against his big brother's chest. Sam was still very cold, he felt like he was in a freezer but he could feel the warmth of his brother nexts to him, Dean was always warm. Sam kept his head against Dean's neck and collarbone. He closed his eyes and he felt safe and the sense of memory from where he and Dean was younger. He could remember when he was real little and there was a very bad storm outside and he was terrified by it and Dean climbed into his bed with him and held him and protected him, just as he was doing now. Given that Sammy was 14 and Dean was 18 years old  now and they both didn't have much space in the bed between each other, they both were happy and enjoyed being close to one another and giving each other the feel of togetherness and certainty.

Sam- "Dean?"

Dean- "Mm what?"
Dean eyes were still shut and he was still half asleep when he heard and answered Sammy. He began to focus when he felt his arm being pulled off of his little brother. Dean opened his eyes to see Sam moving around in the bed and laying his head back on a pillow. Dean's arm was sore where Sam had slept on it but he didn't care. Sam looked over at Dean. Dean saw something in Sam's eyes.

Dean- "What Sam?"

Sam shocked his head and closed his eyes. He reached up and ran his hands through his hair. Dean seeing this sat up straight and reached over and gripped Sam's shoulder tightly. Sam opened his eyes and shocked his head. His eyes were watery and he looked up at his big brother.

Dean- "Sam-? Sam?"

Images started to flash before Sam's eyes. He saw bits and piece of his nightmare he had. He didn't know what day it was or how long he had been in the hospital but he could remember being back at the motel and having a nightmare but everything else was just a blank. Sam's eyes were moving very quickly and he had totally blocked Dean's voice out. He finally blinked and looked up at his brother who was shaking his shoulder quickly. He could see the panic in his big brother's eyes and knew that even if he wasn't alright that he needed to make Dean believe he was for his big brother's sake.

Dean- "Sam? You okay? Something hurtin'?"

Sam- "I'm good."

Dean- "You sure? Sam-"

Sam- "Dean, I'm fine I swear. I just tired man and weak but...I'm good."

Dean- "Okay Sammy. "

Dean patted Sam's shoulder and looked over at Bobby asleep in the chair. Dean smiled and pushed himself off of the bed and walked over to his cell phone that was on a small stand. He checked his phone and lowered his head. He raised his head back up and faced Sammy when he heard Sam's voice.

Sam- "Dean-? Dean? Where's dad?"

Before Dean could answer Bobby began to wake up. His eyes went from Dean and then onto Sam. He smiled and got up and walked right nexts to Sam. He reached down and griped his arm and gave him a smile.

Bobby- "How ya doin' boy?"

Sam- "I'm good Bobby. What you doin' here?"

Bobby- "Well Dean called and said you were sick, real sick so I came down. You sure your good?"

Sam- "Yeah, but..."

        Sam stopped talking for a moment. A sharp pain flowed throw the back of his head but he couldn't reach up and cry out in pain cause he wasn't trying to worry these two. He just lowered his head for a second and squinted his eyes tightly. His chest was hurting now and he felt a little out of breath as if he had been on a run. Dean placed the phone down and walked back over towards Sam.