"Don't worry about it," she shrugged, "Motorcycles make noise, and waitresses spill coffee. Well, sometimes they do."

"My apologies," he said. He was well mannered, too. Definitely not what she had been expecting.

"What can I get you?"

"A cup of coffee, that is, if you can promise not to spill it."

There was a teasing tone in his voice, and she couldn't help but laugh. It was a real genuine laugh. She hadn't laughed like that since before she left Greendale. It felt good. A smile appeared on his face, and it somehow made him even more attractive

"I promise," she said, "Anything else?"

"Whatever you recommend. I am not familiar with the food here."

"Gumbo it is then. It was the first thing I had when I got here."

She went back into the kitchen, retrieved an empty bowl, and filled it with gumbo. Marie kept the pot simmering on the stove and left her with instructions to tell any customer that arrived that it was the only thing they were offering at this hour. She brought it out to him and went back to retrieve the pot of coffee and an empty cup.

She smiled triumphantly when she didn't spill a single drop, "So, you're not from around here?"

He shook his head, "I'm visiting my mother. I'll probably be here a while," he paused, "What about yourself? If I had to wager a guess, I'd say you aren't from around here either.

She poured herself another cup of coffee and sighed, "No, no I'm not."

"Too or from?" he asked, "Are you running to or from something?"

Was she that easy to read? Maybe it was written all over her face. It might've been in the way she walked or the way she talked. It could be in the way she held her head. No one else saw it. He was the only one. That could only mean one thing. At some point, maybe now, he was running.

"My name isn't really Victoria. Not exactly."

"Running from, then," he concluded, "I cannot say that I blame you."

"You don't even know what I'm running from."

"I do not need to. I recognize that look in your eyes."

She smiled. It was nice to be understood.

"Do you plan on staying long?"

She hadn't thought about that. She just planned on staying until it was all over. Except, she didn't know what over was going to look like. It might end with Aunt Zelda showing up at Marie's front door, or Lucifer showing up at Selene's while she was getting her roots touched up.

She shrugged her shoulders, "I haven't really thought about it."

"I don't know how long I'll be staying either."

"If you liked the food here then maybe we'll be seeing more of each other."

"The food was incredible," he smirked, "And so was the service."

The smile that had been plastered on her face since he made her laugh just grew wider. She hoped and prayed that she didn't have lipstick on her teeth.

"It's getting late," he said, "It would be rude of me to keep you any longer."

Sabrina glanced up at the clock. It was ten twenty-three. Dining hours officially ended at ten o'clock, and so did Marie's mass. She hadn't even noticed that much time had gone by. Marie would be here to pick her up soon. Lazily, she ran the credit card he handed her through the register and handed him the receipt to sign.