leave me alone

"Regulus remember to keep up appearances. Don't ruin our family's name." That was all his mother had said to him before she had passed. Regulus didn't cry he didn't feel the need to. He didn't feel anything. These past years had been absolute torture for him. He had been subjected to all types of horrible situations placed upon him by his "mother". Just when he was so close to freedom. So close to being with someone who made him the happiest he's ever been. And just when he thought he'd be with him forever his mother popped back into his life. She demanded that he break it off and come back to his life of torture. And he had done so willingly. He was still so weak to her call. She snapped a finger and he obeyed it was like he was trained. Almost like she had complete control over him. He had willingly given up HIS happiness for what his mother wanted. He didn't feel that was fair but he had done it anyway. Now that his mother was gone he didn't know what to do. He was unused to making his own decisions, and now he had all this money and power. It made him want to throw up. He didn't want any of it he wanted James. He wanted his little family back. Regulus knew they didn't want him though. He disappointed them and they were all clearly moving on with their lives. It had been five years since he's talked to any of them. It was very apparent that he was the only one hung up about it. What else was he to think about when his mother had made every decision for him.

Sometimes when she wasn't looking he'd look up James's Instagram and just scroll through his pictures. He'd softly smile at his pictures and long to be near him again.

He swore he saw him at some park once. But as he took a closer look it wasn't him. It was like his heart was breaking all over again. He was seeing him everywhere. Until one fateful day when James had actually was at the same place he was. Regulus's mother was near so he couldn't have gone up to him, but he was content watching from afar. It was three years after everything went down and his heart was still fluttering like crazy at just the sight of James Potter. Regulus was smiling happily watching him walk around. Well, he was until he saw a blonde boy walk up to James. James had smiled at said boy and the boy said something to make James laugh. Regulus's heart clenched because James Potter really was beautiful when he was laughing. He just wasn't laughing with Regulus. Instead, he was laughing with the blonde boy and then kissing the blonde boy.

Regulus felt nothing. He hadn't felt anything since he went back to his mother. There was just a cold chilling sensation, but it was gone as quickly as it came. He hadn't even realized he was crying until his mother had come and pinched his arm saying "pull yourself together".

With his mother gone he thought he'd have a new sense of freedom. That finally he'd be free from her. Sadly everything in her house reminded Regulus of her. He didn't have the heart to sell the house because it'd feel like a betrayal towards his mother.
"That's funny. You're dead and still, I can't disobey you" Regulus chuckled as the tears streamed down his cheeks. He hated the house, he hated the furniture, he hated her stupid picture that hanged in the living room, he hated her room, he hated that her smell seemed to linger, he hated that he still felt like he had to obey her, he hated her.

He walked into her room and was greeted with the smell of perfume and nicotine.
"Why won't you leave me alone? You're dead you're hold on me should be gone." Regulus's tears turned to sobs which turned to anger. He let out a cry and threw all of her things on the ground. It was almost instantly that he stopped scared that she'd come around the corner and look at him with those stone-cold eyes. That she'd hit him, "discipline" him for throwing a fit. He curled up into a ball on the foot of her bed. "Please just leave me alone" he whispered. He knew he was destined to live the life his mother wanted. 

Sorry tht one was also angsty babes but oh well what r u gonna do