【Chapter 15】

Start from the beginning

"I would like as many steam buns this can buy, please." (Y/N) requested using her best business voice. You're going to have to use every skill in the book to appear like a proper vessel for the steamed buns. The old woman's eyes widened and quickly grabbed a big brown bag and placed all the steamed buns in her stall and bowed down to her.

"Thank you, thank you so much!" The old lady cried. (Y/N) immediately panicked as she went to help the old lady up, her eyes making sure that no one was watching. Looking back at the crying lady (Y/N) began to soothe her back and sat her down on a barrel and grabbed the big brown bag and slowly walked away due to not knowing how to deal with emotional people.

After finally leaving the scene (Y/N) sighed and began to go back and inspect the stalls, though once she placed her hands inside her bag she found out that two of her pouches were gone she immediately froze and glanced around the place. Since she couldn't see the culprit she decided on using another tactic, scent. 

Preparing herself mentally for the strong scents she was about to smell (Y/N) sighed and began to sniff the air. Multiple smells came at her at once immobilizing her from recognizing anything for a second before she got used to it and began to sniff the air some more. 

Finally picking up the scent of gold she smiled and began to follow the scent further and further until she reached a run-down building. Putting on her serious face (Y/N) got inside the building by one of the broken parts and looked around, and sure enough, there were her pouches of gold being surrounded by someone, well, more than one person.

Stealthily walked over towards the group of men (Y/N) noticed that they were all in a circular position as if they were circling someone from the inside. Though before she could even make her move one of the tall men began to talk, well, more like yell. 

"Give it back, you wench!" One of the men yelled making (Y/N) lift her eyebrow. Okay, now she wanted to know what was happening. "I said, it's not yours!" A high-pitched voice exclaimed though he got kicked in the process making a small yelp come from his mouth. 

Looking around for a place to see what was happening from a good angle (Y/N) saw a small crate as it was stacked upon some others. Although it looked dangerous it would not be able to do any harm to her. Quickly getting on top of the crates (Y/N) finally could see what was happening, and it was not something good. 

A small white-haired kid was holding onto two pouches as small bruises could be seen throughout his body, his clothes in literal taters with his bones being able to be seen. Pity swelled inside her, and once one of the so-called men went to give the kid another punch (Y/N) quickly jumped in the protected the kid by biting off the man's arm.

The man gave a blood-curdling scream as he held onto whatever was left of his arm as he soon fainted due to blood loss. The other three saw what happen and ran away in fear of what the mysterious figure could do. 

Spitting out the arm from her mouth (Y/N) took one glance at the kid and shoved the brown bag onto his bony chest and walked away. 

Once she took one step from where she was she could feel someone tugging onto her dress' shirt making her stop and turn around. Looking down at the bruised boy she could feel him radiating a lot of energy. Though before she herself could start asking questioned the young boy stopped her.

"Why... why did you save me? I stole your money, and yet here you are, giving me your food." The young boy whispered, his hold on (Y/N) dress' shirt getting stronger. (Y/N) just simply shrugged at the kid and bent down, kissing him on his dirty forehead. 

The boy's eyes widened in surprise at this, but when he looked down at his arms he could see the bruises that he used to have now gone, no scars, no bruises, nothing. Feeling warm clothing wrap around him from the cold atmosphere of the building he looked up with teary eyes and saw the older girl without her jacket.

"Just cause you stole from me doesn't mean I have to treat you badly. Sure I was mad that you did, but those guys already did the job. Besides, you looked pretty bad right now so I didn't really see a reason as to why I shouldn't give you my jacket, and it's cold." (Y/N) told the younger child. 

Small sniffles could be heard from the male making the female confused until tears began to sprout out of his eyes making (Y/N) hug him. Not like she had any other choice,  the young boy already made the choice. 

Seconds turned into minutes and soon turned into an hour just as long as the hugging and the crying lasted. Pulling away from the hug (Y/N) lifted the young boy from the cold ground and onto her naturally super warm arms as the boy clung to her with a tight grip.

"How about this, kid. You stay with me for as long as I stay here, sounds like a deal?" (Y/N) questioned him, upon which the kid smiled up at her. "Deal!" The kid exclaimed making (Y/N) smile.

Walking out of the cold building and back to the village was when (Y/N) finally remember one of the most important lessons that Meliodas has ever taught her. Manners. 

"Hey, kid, don't think we introduced ourselves to each other, did we? Well, my name is (Y/N), and you?" Looking over at the half-asleep make the young kid with white-hair nodded in response.

"Ban..." The kid that we now know is named Ban whispered as he fell asleep in her arms because of exhaustion. Letting out a sigh (Y/N) walked back over towards an inn that she saw once she entered the village. It was supposed to have the best beds, let's just hope that they didn't lie. 

(ɢᴏᴏᴅ ᴅᴀʏ/ɴɪɢʜᴛ ᴍʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇꜱ!)