𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓘: 𝓓𝓸𝓷'𝓽 𝓜𝓪𝓴𝓮 𝓒𝓸𝓷𝓽𝓪𝓬𝓽

Mama: Kakra

Mother: Aiya

(Note: Reader is 5-6 when this chapter takes place)

The sun was beaming today. The weather showing no mercy to the inhabitants that lived within the woods that surrounded the small village. Luckily, there was mercy in the form of a child. Her mind untouched by the temptations of the world, with bright golden eyes that found only the good within it all.

"Mama, look." Kakra looked up from her weeding to see her daughter running towards her. She almost immediately took in the various tears in her dress and the teal scarf around her neck. Her curls stuck with a leaf or two. Though the most prominent thing was the wild dog that had given up it's struggle in escaping the arms of the girl. "Tanuki."

"I see..." Her mama paused, placing her tool down. "But why is it out of the forest?"

"It's hot." She answered, looking down at the creature that only yawned. "Can I give them a drink?"

"Will the hose do?" The girl only gave her mother a blank stare that almost always made her shiver, before turning to the knob of the hose. With a bit of trial and error, the water turned on allowing the Tanuki to drink till it's hearts content. The moment the water turned off the creature promptly ran away back into the woods it lived in. She went to follow only for her mothers voice to stop her. "Not so fast." Her mother chided, placing the tools back in her basket. "It's almost time for dinner. Come inside and clean yourself up."

The girl made no movement, instead coming to crouch on the ground. Hands coming to touch the spot where the Tanuki once was as small flowers sprouted from the spot in a soft glow.

"Why not?" [Y/n] questioned, staring up at her mother with the same look she gave to those around her.

"I'm not just going to give you a bowl of fruit and salmon without a reason." Aiya stated, holding up the two items that had long since unthawed out of her reach.

"But its important."

"Then tell me what it is and you can have it."

"But you'll say no." The two came to a standstill neither wanting to lose their argument. "Kakra!"