𝟐𝟖 ⇢ 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐆𝐄

Start from the beginning

"finally someone said it," you said, joining in on the conversation. 

it was about 20 minutes before the teachers came out of the building, holding their own backpacks filled with things they'd need for the day. that was your cue to start getting on the bus.

"y/n, you're sitting on the bus with me right?" ayako asked, nudging your side.

"ooh, uh..." you grimaced, and rubbed your hands together awkwardly.

ayako's expression deflated. "don't tell me you're sitting with your idiot boyfriend."

"she is, in fact, sitting with her idiot boyfriend." kuroo said, sliding himself into the conversation smoothly.

"you came out of nowhere, kuroo," you said to him.

"she was my friend first, you piece of shit!" ayako said, giving him the middle finger.

kuroo returned it with a shrug. "she likes me more."

you opened your mouth to say something cheesy about how you liked them both equally, but ayako didn't give you the opportunity.

"whatever," she said, turning back to the long haired boy behind her. "kenma, you're with me."

"i want to sit by myself," kenma said.

"too bad," ayako said, slinging her arm around his shoulder. kenma took a loud breath and turned off his phone, putting it in his pocket. you could tell that he wasn't actually that annoyed.

the group of you stepped onto the bus, making your way to the back. yaku and kai were already sitting there together, and yamamoto and mitsuko sat across the aisle from them. you and kuroo sat in front of them and ayako and kenma sat in front of yaku and kai.

kuroo put his hand on your thigh like he usually did. you placed your hand on top of his.

"are your parents gonna be at the game today?" you asked him softly, only loud enough for him to hear.

"no, but they said they could make it tomorrow. we have to win so that they can come." he pressed his lips together. "do you want to meet them? you don't have to if you don't want to."

"i'd like to, if that's okay with you." you smiled a bit. meeting kuroo's parents seemed big, and you were definitely nervous, but it seemed right.

"it's fine with me. i think they'd like you." his thumbs rubbed against your thigh, and you leaned against his shoulder.

"did you bring it?" kai asked suddenly, poking yaku's arm.

"uh huh." yaku gave kai a mischievous grin, and you looked over at them from your aisle seat.

"bring what?" you asked, and ayako sat up and turned around in her seat so that she could see too.

"yaku brings a portable speaker," kuroo explained. "but his music taste is trash."

"oh come on, kuroo. you like my fucking music." yaku made a mean face at kuroo and pulled out his phone and the speaker.

the bus pulled out of the school parking lot, turning onto the main street.

it was quiet for a few moments before yaku started playing rap music a bit too loud. you saw kenma make a face out of the corner of your eye, and that caused you to start laughing.

ayako and yamamoto looked at each other excitedly, and the two of them started singing all the words loudly, getting a little too hype for what you would consider bus-appropriate. you joined a bit too, letting yourself get hyped for the day.