Chapter 30: Our Town

Start from the beginning

"Friend...daughter...overachiever." Me and Bonnie say together. We giggle.

"Mean girl, sometimes, no offense." Matt says.

"Ah. None taken." Caroline says.

"She was 17 and she had a really good life. So, rest in peace so that you can move forward. That's what you really need. It's what we all really need." I say carryimg the cake to the others. "Amen or cheers or whatever." I say we all laugh.

"Uh, Bonnie, Juliet?" Elena said. Bonnie and I makes eye contacts then we close our eyes. When I opened my eyes the candles are lit.

"Ok, make a wish." I say. She takes a step forward before closing her eyes and blew out the candles.

-

I took a bite of cake when my phone buzzed. I set the cake down and looked at it.

'Klaus is making Tyler bite his girlfriend.'-Avery

I clenched my fists. I can't believe Klaus! I'm going towhen is Tyler kill him when I get my hands on his hybrid ass. And you know lucky me that Klaus made one of his hybrids my' personal slave,' his words not mine. And I told Avery to tell me everything Klaus commands Tyler to do or anything that involve my friends or brothers. And again lucky me Klaus told Avery to do anything I say. But when is Tyler going to do this though, I just need enough time to think ofa plan to stop this or slow it down.

"I need it more than you do, trust me." I hear Elena say. I look up and see Caroline texting somebody, my guess is Tyler even though they are broken up or whatever, as long as he doesn't come here. 

"Caroline, what are you doing?" Elena asks.

"Hm? Huh? Nothing." Care says looking up from her phone.

"Ok, you're a bad sober liar. You're an even worse drunk liar." Elena states as we all look at Caroline.

"I might have texted Tyler." She says. Whoop there it is.

"Caroline." Elena says setting down the tequila bottle.

"What? I'm delicate." Caroline defended.

"Give her a break. You can't control what everyone does all the time." Bonnie retorts.

"Wow." Elena said.

"Ouch." Matt said before standing up.

"I'm sorry. I know it's Caroline's birthday, funeral or whatever, but... I just feel it's really wrong that you compelled Jeremy to leave town." Bonnie exclaims.

"Wait, What!?" I say raising my voice.

"I'm doing it to protect him,Bonnie. I want to give him a chace at a half way normal life." Elena defends.

"He should be able to choose now he wants to live it. You're taking his choices away." Bonnie says.

"Bonnie, you can't tell him. And I wouldn't have to if it wasn't for Juliet's boyfriend who compelled Jeremy to stand in the middle of the road to get hit with a car!" Elena says raising her voice throwing me a look. I stand up and walk in front of her.

"Look I'm sorry that Klaus did what he did, but he just did that so you can help find Stefan. Stefan has Klaus's family. All Klaus wants is his family back." I say raising my voice. Elena stands up.

"Why are you defending him!? After all he did to us! He killed my aunt Jenna, tried to kill Jeremy, he made Stefan turn off his emotions and kill countless of innocnt people during the summer. And all your doing is following him like a lost puppy!" I felt the energy rush to my hands but I pushed it back. I was getting angrier in the second. I raised my hand and slapped her making her snap her head to the side.

"Because I love him Elena! I am trying my best to make sure Klaus doesn't kill anyone we care about, let alone harm them. And I know about all the horrible things he's done, I was there for some of them. And do you know what I did? I tried to stop him! I am trying Elena to help you guys and its not helping when you are bitching all the fucking time!" I yelled. All went silent. Me and Elena were glaring at eachother. I could see a hand print forming on her cheek. We just stood there until Matt spoke up.

"You know, you guys are ruining a perfectly good funeral." Matt says. I sigh.

"I'm sorry. I'm just gonna go." I turn to Caroline. "Happy Birthday." I tell her before walking out of the crypt. While leaing I passed Tyler. We threw quick glances at eachother as he passed but I quickly grabbed him and sped over to a tree and pinned him to the tree by his throat.

"What the hell!" He yells.

"I know what Klaus ordered you to do and I'm not letting you bite Caroline." I tell him. He pushes me off and pins me to the tree.

"Kaus doesn't have control over me." He states then all I heard was a crunch and I yelled in pain. He let me go and his face was filled with shock and horror. I touched my shoulder and saw blood. Oh my god.

"D-did you just bite me!?" I yell as tears filled my eyes.

"Oh, no." He whisperd. "I'm sorry." He says. I slid down the tree clutching me shoulder.

"Oh, no, Juliet?"

"Just get away  from me!" I yell at him. I started to black out and before I knew it I was surrounded by darkness.

-

I opened my eyes and I found myself in my room. I groaned in pain as I turned over. It was so hot in here. My vision blurred.

"Happy Birthday Juliet." Klaus whispered in my ear. I frowned at him.

"I hate birthdays." I say as I turn over in my bed.

"Why is that love?"

"Because it's a reminder that I'm not going to age and I'm stuck at 17." I mumbled knowing he heard me.

I blinked a few times and found myself back in my room. I sat up and started having a coughing fit. I heard a knock on the door and talking. It's Matt and Caroline. I heard the door open and heard Klaus's voice. Then I hear footsteps coming up the stairs.

My door opened and Klaus walked in. His face turned to one of sorrow and regret once he saw me.

"Klaus." I whispered my voice cracking. He was by my side in an instant, laying beside me. He slowly removed the blanket off my shoulder.

"Oh, that looks bad. My apologies." He said.

"If I haven't interfered with Tyler it would be Caroline who would be bit. I couldn't let that happened Klaus. She would die and now I'm the one who's dying." I say my voice cracking at the end.

"And I could let you die.....if that's what you want. If you really believe your existence has no meaning. I haven't told you this before but I've thought about it myself once or twice over the centuries, truth be told." I saw his eyes tear up a bit which broke my heart and caused tears to come to my eyes too. He leaned in closer to me a tad. "But I'll let you in on a little secret. There's a whole world out there waiting for you, great cities and art and music...." He gently takes my hand. "Genuine beauty. And you can have all of it. You can have a thousand more birthdays. All you have to do is ask."

"I don't want to die." My voice croaked. He smiles slightly. He pulls up his sleeve and sits me up gently.

"There you go, sweet heart. Have at it." He brings his wrist to my lips as I feel my face change. I bit into his wrist and drank his blood. It tasted sweet and warm. I felt the bite closing up and healing. Klaus pet my hair. "I love you." He whispered as I continued to drink from his wrist.

____________________________________

Kliet moment! Lol. Well hope you liked this chapter, until next time.

And sorry if there were spelling mistakes!

Vote/Comment