CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR

___

"Drink well, my prince."

I already had a hunch that the Count and his daughters are very unusual. I thought it was all due to being nervous around my presence. But I guess I was wrong.

Are they planning something?

It would be weird if I try to stir the cup with the silver teaspoon. He might recognize that I'm suspicious of him. But if I don't do it, I won't be able to check if the tea contains poison.

This isn't the plan!

Taking a deep breath, I decided to play for a while. My hand reached the teacup as I slowly raised it near my lips, then I paused. I noticed him flinch when I stopped midway from drinking it.

The Count smiled. "Did you smell it, your highness?"

I nodded. "It indeed have a unique fragrance." My comment made him smile wider, making me mentally frown. "It smells like that certain thing."

"Certain thing?" Confusion is now evident on his face. "Oh, maybe the young prince already had a taste of this precious tea before! Now what are you waiting for?" His eyes stared down at me. "Please drink it."

I mentally frowned. How dare he tell me what to do? In all honesty, I can just dismiss the tea, but what other tricks would he even have up his sleeves if I don't give in?

My silver eyes glowed as I controlled my hand holding the teacup from trembling. I took it up slowly as I pray to the heavens for some miracle to appear.

Before I can even take a sip, the door opened and a gust of wind hurled inside.

"What do you think you're doing?" Eldest stood behind me as her hand held the cup of tea that I was about to drink

Ofcourse, there have been changes after those 4 years. I grew taller, and so she did. But her hair color suddenly became golden blonde, which is also the same to her eye color.

She told me it was her real hair color, and I didn't bother asking why she dyed it light purple before. Maybe that's a trend these days, right?

But one thing for sure, something didn't change in her. And that's her personality.

"I've been waiting for you. What took you so long?" I asked her with a smile. She clicked her tongue before grabbing the teacup from my hand and examined it.

The Count stood up from his seat, probably surprised with her presence. "Young lady, how dare you grab the tea I brewed for the young prince?"

She glanced at him, then back to the cup as she sniffed at it. "Smells like shit."

I frowned. "Language, Eldest."

His jaw dropped upon hearing a 10 year old girl curse like it was natural to say. She rolled her eyes before she did the unexpected, making me flinch at the sight.