Alaric also became apart of the gang because he was a good vampire hunter.

They had tried to kill Katherine at the masquerade ball but failed due to a spell that linked Katherine to Elena, and instead locked her away in a tomb, Elena got kidnapped and was being bargained off to an original vampire named Elijah who ended up getting killed by Damon but then came back alive because only the white oak stake can truly kill an original and daggers dipped in white oak ash can put them to sleep.

They had figured out that another original named Klaus was coming for Elena. They had attempted to get a special rock from Katherine but Stefan ended up getting trapped in the tomb. Elijah made a deal with Elena and she negotiated Stefan's freedom so Elijah had his witches pull down the spell that prevented the vampires from leaving and let Stefan go. Since he was an original he was able to compel vampires, so he compelled Katherine from escaping.

The gang didn't trust Elijah so the used the dagger covered in white oak ash on him which killed him temporarily. Since he was dead, Katherine was free but was soon kidnapped by Klaus who was in Alaric's body.

In which he proceeded to get her information under cover and learned that Bonnie could kill him so he killed her after revealing his true identity but not knowing she was actually alive.

Then Elena un-daggered Elijah in order to get more information, then the gang all gathered up at the boarding house to get ready for the ritual that has to happen for Klaus to become a vampire-werewolf hibrid, in which Elena has to die.

So that's where they were, the night of the sacrifice and all of the gang including Elijah were talking up a plan. Elijah walked around the room and had come upon a picture, this picture held and beautiful blonde girl who was on the back of Damon Salvatore, her smile looked like it could light up the world. He picked it up.

"Who is this?" He asked, everyone turned their attention to the original.

"That's my sister." Damon said speeding up to him and gently taking the picture back and setting it back down but not after tracing the outlines of his sisters face. He missed her so much and would do anything to have her back in his arms.

"This picture is recent, where is she?" Elijah asked looking around and inspecting the expressions. Damon and Bonnie had an angry one, and Stefan and Elena both had guilty ones. The rest just simply sighed and sat down knowing exactly what was going to happen.

"I don't know, ask Stefan or Elena, there the ones who took her away!" Bonnie hissed, she was still cross with Elena for taking and hurting her Queen.

"She was dangerous Bonnie!" Elena retaliated.

"SHE WAS MY QUEEN! AND YOU TOOK HER AWAY FROM HER PEOPLE!" Bonnie yelled tears coming out of her brown orbs. Elena shook her head, but Stefan replied.

"Azazel would have eventually killed Elena, she's still alive and well." Damon scoffed and glared daggers at Stefan.

"No she wouldn't have, Aurora was the most innocent person you could have ever known. You know how she is alone and she's been alone for five months, she's never going to be the same Stefan. She's not going to be our Aurora, the one who would sing and make flower crown for bunnies and deer." Damon said walking over to get a drink.

"Wait, I'm confused, you just said two different people." Elijah said, he was wondering what type of girl could have a reaction like this, especially when the bennet witch called her her Queen.

"Aurora Salvatore was the most innocent girl in the entire world, she could find reasons to justify the most horrid man in the world and change someone from evil to good in an instant. In 1864 she was mistaken for a vampire in transition and we thought she burned in the church but instead she was in the tomb and in a coffin sleeping. During that time she was kept in her head, she had the spirits to guide her and tell her her new found role in the supernatural community. One of her demons was named Azazel, she cared for Aurora in the dark and secretly added pieces of her soul into Aurora's mind making her an alter ego.

"When we were all reunited, Elena was just defending my request for not using her powers for a day and that's when Azazel came out, she almost killed Elena. Then I used her only weakness, Oleander. We trapped her in a mansion surrounded by the plant and it prevented her from escaping. That was five months ago." Stefan explained, Elijah was shocked to say the least. He didn't think that Stefan would trap an innocent girl all by herself, especially after what she went through.

"What was her new found role?" Elijah asked, before anyone could answer Bonnie did.

"She was our Queen. Queen Aurora of the witches, Mother Nature, the most pure girl in the world with a dark side that no one wanted to awaken." Everyone was silent, they knew that if she ever escaped all hell would break loose. Stefan had told them about her new found sense of revenge.

"Why don't we use her against Klaus." Elijah suggested.

"No, she'll kill Elena and torture Stefan." Defended Caroline.

"I'm not letting her out and I'm not telling you where she is, she's going to stay there until I think it's fit for her to come out." Stefan said ending the conversation.

________
Word count: 1420