Chapter Fifteen - The meeting

Start from the beginning

Pete ‘hmms’ and pats Kongpob’s shoulder. “He’s going to have a squeaky voice but good luck with that, anyway.” He gives Kong a wide grin and takes a step away only to be stopped with a hand on his shoulder. The hand grips a bit tighter when Pete tries to pull away. He turns to Kong who is giving him very large eyes.

“Would you go and look for me?”

“Really? Me”.

“Please Pete”. ‘No, not the eye’s’. ‘Can those get any wider?’.  Pete knows someone else that can give him these eyes. It’s not good when you want to hold your own ground. Although saying that Kong’s puppy eye’s can’t hold a button to the other set of brown eyes he knows of. Pete tries to not look and to pull away but it’s very hard when your being looked at like that. “Just go and look through the window and check him out. Please”.

Pete lets out a very, very, very long sigh. Sometimes.

“All right but do you know how pathetic you are”, Kong grins as Pete shrugs off his hand, “and you so owe me for this”.

Pete walks up the steps until reaches the large double window that looks straight into the cafe as Kong goes and sits on a bench. There was quiet a few people inside, mainly couples but there was a few tables with a single person sat here and there. It was all lit dimly with a soft yellow light.

“Do you see him?”

Pete waves him off as he continues to look through the window. He smirks as he spots something.

“Yeah! I see a guy and he’s very handsome”.

Kong grins and pumps his fist. “Yes! I knew he would be”.

“Ah! Yes, very handsome and cute”. He turns away from the window, giving Kong a smirk, ”but no book”.

Kong, who was about to stand to come over, stops in his tracks and scowls up at Pete. His best friend chuckles to himself as he looks back through the window.

“Ok, wait” he says, after a moment. At the far corner he spots a table with a book and a flower. He tries to take a look at whoever is sat at the table but the waiter is in the way. “I see a book and a flower”.

“And?” Kong says, frustrated. “Is there a guy there? What does he look like?”.

Pete shrugs as he answers, “I can’t see because the waiter’s in the way”.

“Damn it”. Kong curses.

Peering in through the window again, Pete takes another look.
“Hold on the waiter is moving”.

“What do you see?”. Kong is almost desperate now.

He watches as the waiter finishes and moves away. His eyes go wide as the person sat at the table comes into view. In a white, T-shirt; red short, sleeved jacket, and blue jeans sits Arthit Rojnapat, sipping on a pink milk as he looks around. He starring so hard that he almost forgets that Kong is still waiting for an answer until he hears his name being called.

“Pete! Can you see him?”

Pete nods as he looks towards Kong slowly. He’s not actually quite sure what to say so he goes with what he knows will be safe.  
“Yeah! I can see him now”.

“And?....”

Pete shrugs his shoulders. “He’s cute”.

Kong sighs happily. “He is?” He smiles. “I knew he would be”.

“You know what?” Pete says. Now, how was he going to say this?.

“He looks....” he pauses for a moment, “I mean he almost has the same look as that Arthit Rojnapat person”.