ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ

Start from the beginning

"Elizabeth," I breathe her name, unable to say anything else.

"Miss (Y/n), where have you been?" she exclaims as she comes to a halt in front of me, breathing quickly. "So much has happened since you left. The Commandment of Truth came here to the Kingdom of Camelot and the Seven Deadly Sins tried their best to fight him but he was much too strong. For some odd reason, he left and right now Sir Meliodas and the others are recovering—"

She suddenly stops speaking and then brings her slim fingers to her lips as if there's something there that needs to be wiped away. 

"Miss (Y/n)?" she says in a quieter voice.

My silence has caught both of us off-guard so I quickly recover. 

"Now, now, Elizabeth," I say in a whisper with a tiny smile. "Didn't I tell you to just call me (Y/n)?"

The young Princess opens her mouth, shuts it, and then nods slowly.

"Come," I murmur softly and wave a hand for her to follow as I begin to walk.

After a couple of seconds, Elizabeth asks gently, "Is everything alright, (Y/n)?"

"Yes," I answer tightly, my mind still shaken from what I saw earlier. "Just a small encounter with one of the Commandments."

A soft gasp. "What?"

"I may have gone to their location to see what they were doing," I say.

"(Y/n), that was truly reckless of you," Elizabeth says exasperatedly as she quickly follows me down the halls, her tiny footsteps echoing softly whereas mine does not make a single sound. "Sir Meliodas is already hurt and if the same were to happen to you as well—"

Cracking my neck, I then close my eyes, humming, "Remember Elizabeth, I have dealt with the Ten Commandments before so there's no need for you to worry so much." I click my tongue in disapproval. "Besides, I haven't lost my powers like that idiot has."

Elizabeth furrows her silver eyebrows at this. "When you say idiot, are you referring to—"

"Yes," I say as I open the wooden doors of the room I was searching for. "Meliodas has always been an idiot."

"Hey!" comes the protest of my best friend.

I shrug my shoulders as Elizabeth stands beside me. "I'm only stating the truth."

Meliodas pouts at me like a child while a large man wearing a mask stops supporting him and leaves him to stand by himself. "Still have that cruel tongue, huh?"

I playfully wink at my best friend. "Well of course."

Meliodas whistles. "Ouu, someone's got her old armour back on."

I frown and look down at my outfit to see my physical disguise has completely disappeared. Which means I let my guard down while fighting Zeldris and my true form was shown. No wonder he recognised me. Dammit, how did I manage to be so careless?

Shaking this fact away, I look back up to the other Demon and judging from his tense magical aura, the fight here in the Kingdom of Camelot didn't go well.

"It's fair to say that Galand gave you quite the thrashing. A bit embarrassing wouldn't you say, old friend?" I tease and Meliodas sticks his tongue out at me. "Was it enough to make you come to your senses?"

"Come to his senses?" Elizabeth repeats in confusion.

"His power," I explain as the Demon Prince throws himself onto the young Human Princess and she lets out a shocked squeal at this. "In order to go up against the Ten Commandments, he's going to need it. So Meliodas, where have you hidden it?"