Chapter 22

Time skip to the 2018 Japanese Grand Prix

Tzuyu POV

Many months has passed ever since that incident and the news about Y/N in Korea has died down because now that everyone has been focused on Jennie and Kai who broke up a month after they started dating. I don't know what Jennie is playing at but now that she is out of mine and Y/N's life I can finally relax. 

Currently I am in Japan after finishing our Japanese tour at the Tokyo dome. I know Y/N is also in Japan preparing for the Japanese Grand Prix which is why I am now wandering around the paddock trying to find the Mercedes hospitality area so I could meet up with Y/N.

 I know Y/N is also in Japan preparing for the Japanese Grand Prix which is why I am now wandering around the paddock trying to find the Mercedes hospitality area so I could meet up with Y/N

Finally I found it, this thing is big and luxurious. I walked in trying to find Y/N but everything inside has changed. No more posters of Y/N and instead it was full of posters of BLACKPINK, Lewis Hamilton and Valtteri Bottas. Where was Y/N? Someone walked towards me who I assume was an employee because he was dressed up in Mercedes outfit. 

???: How may I help you miss?

Tzuyu: I am looking for Y/N could you please tell him that his sister is waiting for him.

???: Oh Y/N doesn't drive for us anymore, he's at the next door with Ferrari.

Wait what? Y/N left Mercedes? Well I better go to Ferrari to find him to let him know that I am here before his race starts. I was walking over towards the Ferrari hospitality until I spot something I didn't like to see. Jennie Kim. What is she doing here? She was talking to some random guy who I never met before. There she goes again, chatting up to some random athletes. This is why I don't like her. Anyways, that's not my problem anymore. I looked away and continue heading towards the Ferrari hospitality area. 

Tzuyu: Hi I'm Y/N's sister and I'm looking for him

???: Oh sorry miss, Y/N is already in his car preparing for the race. You can take a seat here and watch I will guide you to him after the race.

Well what a bummer. I was going to surprise Y/N before the race to give him some extra support, but guess I will have to find him after the race. 

Y/N POV

Currently I was on the grid doing talking to my engineer about the pre race strategy. I really hope I could win this race, I am currently leading in the championship, not by much. If I win this race I could gain an extra 7 points towards Lewis Hamilton.

Ricardo Adami: Ok Y/N, you will start on the super softs and then we will do two stops onto the super softs again, before doing the final stint on softs. 

Y/N: Ok you think Lewis will be on the alternate strategy?

Ricardo Adami: We will keep an eye on that and update you during the race.

After the breifing, I strapped myself in and prepared for the race. Even though I qualified second, I have the confidence that I can get a good start and get a jump on the Mercedes because Mercedes have a dodgy clutch. Once I get a jump on them our straight line speed will benefit us on the straights and there aren't much overtaking positions so if I get a good start I will have a good chance of getting a win.

David Croft: WE HAVE FOUR LIGHTS, FIVE LIGHTS AND IT'S LIGHTS OUT AND AWAY WE GO Y/N GET'S A DECENT START AND SO DOES CHARLES LECLERC, HEADING INTO TURN 1 Y/N LEADS FROM LECLERC AND HAMILTON......

Right now that's the start procedure done, almost as on planned, me and Charles both managed to get a jump on Lewis Hamilton so now I can relax for a bit because I now have a car between myself and my championship rival Lewis Hamilton. All I need to do now is focus and not make any mistakes. 

It was lap 17, tyres are going off a little bit and I was losing tyre grip especially in the first sector. Coming into the spoon curve of turn 13, I locked up. This is bad, Charles has managed to get a good run on me down the back straight towards 130R and managed to pass me with ease. As if my race couldn't get any better, Lewis Hamilton dived into the pit lane for an undercut. If this works for Mercedes he will definitely come out of the pits in front of me.

Ricardo Adami: Lewis in the pits, we box next lap. Double stack follow Charles.

What are Ferrari playing at? A double stack? Are they sure. Now I need to keep this 2 second gap to Charles so that he will not hold me up in the pitstops. As I followed Charles into the pit lane, he entered the pit box first and he got a slow pit stop. Oh how typical Ferrari, now I am stuck behind Charles. There is no chance I can win this race now do I?

David Croft: AND OH IT'S PROBLEMS FOR Y/N AND FERRARI. IT'S A SLOW PIT STOP AND LEWIS HAMILTON COMES THROUGH TO TAKE THE LEAD OF THE JAPANESE GRAND PRIX.

After the pitstop howler, Lewis Hamilton controlled the race and drove home the victory. I was so mad right now. As I was driving to parc ferme, I can't hold my anger and hit the parc ferme board. Then got out of my car and ignored everyone. After celebrating the podium which I did not participate in any celebration. Me and Charles head towards the Ferrari hospitality area together, both of us are still very much in anger until we met my sister Tzuyu on the way.

Tzuyu: Hey Y/N.

Y/N: Hey Tzuyu (fake smiles).

Tzuyu: I saw the race, I know you aren't happy about losing the race. But I'm here to ask you to come back home with us.

Charles Leclerc: Yea bro, it's time you move back home.

Tzuyu: Oh you are Charles Leclerc right? Thanks for taking care of my brother.

Charles Leclerc: No worries, me and Y/N are bros.

Tzuyu: Please come back, we all miss you (puppy eyes).

Y/N: Ugh fine.

Seeing my sister happy makes me happy as well. Therefore, I could not reject the offer. Even though I am still very angry after losing the race Tzuyu giving me her puppy eyes look already cheered me up. Hopefully once I go back to Korea all the problems I had with the press and Jennie would be covered by some other news that dispatch has managed to get hold of.

And here's another update. Back with some F1 story plots because I feel like the story has drifted away from F1 a bit. Hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Once again thank you very much for exceeding 1K reads. I never thought I would hit this milestone but here we are with 1.3K reads and over 150 votes. So, please continue reading and continue voting. The reads and votes gives me incentive to prioritise this story over all of my school work.