Chapter 17

Ok, so you know that I haven't really put up any songs or pictures in this whole book, but this is so funny. I've been thinking about this song all week, and wondering if I should put it on here or not. Well. This song is hilarious and I highly recommend you listen to it. It lists a bunch of ways that this guy's family died, then he drinks. I just found this song hilarious. My dad put this song on in the car once -told me to listen to the lyrics. I did, so I think you should too. Also, I listened to its second ago again, and could not stop smiling. 😂

Marinette's POV

I plopped on my bed and thought. Wow.

Today has been a long day.

And tomorrow will be an even longer one. Can you guess what tomorrow is? Hm? That's right. Gabriel's trial. There's no doubt he'll be sentenced to life in prison, but what else will the judge decide? Welp. Who cares? The thing is, I don't want to go. Yes, I want him to be punished, and I want to see him be sent away to the most miserable places on the earth...Wait. Ugh. I'm terrible.

...but maybe he deserves it.

What?! No, Marinette! Don't think like that!....well....ok. I do want him to be sentenced to a terrible place, but still. Prison won't be bad enough. But I don't know what else I could hope...I really don't want to go tomorrow. But if I go...I feel like something bad is going to happen.

After I put the recovered miraculouses away, all of the kwamis through a party. I laughed as I set up mini freezers, and baked a mini cake. I made a big cake too, do you know why? Well, I think the kwamis knew right away.

It was hilarious. All of them were covered, head to flippers, in cake. Some ate the frosting, while others wadded it up and threw it like snowballs. Obviously, Damian and Chloe were there with Plagg and Pollen (Dick was there too at the mention of cake). While Chloe was playing with the others, Damian and I were talking about past akuma battles. I think he could notice that I was a little tense -because of the trial tomorrow but he doesn't know it- but chose not to mention it. I was thankful for that. It's completely crazy that the person that wants their enemy to be locked away in prison, doesn't want to go to the trial. I mentally sighed. I'm going anyway because pretty much everyone will have questions if I don't. And I really don't want to answer them. (Author has something planned *wink wink*)

I know it is weird, but I liked talking to Damian about the battles. I know, if most people were to go through a traumatic experience like that, they wouldn't want to talk about it. But me? Well, it makes me feel better. After I finished explaining the battle with Siren, we both went over to the kwamis. 

Time Skip to the Next Day-

I sighed and rubbed my temples. Tikki came up to me and gave my cheek a hug. "Come on, Mari. You have to get dressed. Chloe and Damian are going to come in here soon for the portal."

I sighed again. "Ok, will you pick out my outfit that I won't even be able to be seen in?" I chuckled to myself. No one will be able to see my magnificent MT creations because I have to be there in my Ladybug suit. Tikki nodded and smiled, then flew over to my closet. I plopped down on my bed. "Oh, yeah. I still have to go back to school. It's not like I moved in here," I mumbled to myself.

Tikki came back out with one of the more recent outfits I made. I put it on, and went over to the miracle box. I brought out the glasses and put them on. "Hey, Kalkki. Ready to go? We're just waiting on the others," I said. He smiled.

"Yeah," he said, as he settled in on the bed with Tikki, playing cards. 

Not five minutes later, the two other miraculous holders walked in. "Ready?" I asked with a smile on my face. They both nodded, and I merged with Kalkki and Tikki. We teleported to the top of the Eiffel Tower, where I gave Kalkki a sugar cube, and let him fly into my yo-yo.

We took off in the direction of the court house. Once we arrived, we took our rightful spots, and no one took their eyes off of us. It was annoying really. Damian and I glared at everyone, while Chloe soaked up the attention she was receiving. 

Gabriel walked in, in orange. His lawyer was a woman. She wore an ugly blue sweater, probably in her mid fifty's. I don't know how Gabriel allowed her to wear that, I mean, he is...or was a fashion designer. I used to even look up to him, he was so good at his job. 

Twincy Wincy Time Skip-

His lawyer or whatever was good at her job. She managed to turn some of this around on me. Do you want to know what she thought I should be charged with? Hm?

Breaking and Entering!

 I'm not even kidding. She said that me and Damian went in without a warrant, so that was technically breaking the law. When I went up to the stand, she smirked like she had something planned. And she did. She is such a freaky lady, that I didn't even bother to remember her name.

"So. Ladybug. Did you, or did you not break into Gabriel Agreste's house?"

"I did, but-"

"There is no 'buts' with committing a crime. And you suspected Gabriel Agreste of being Hawkmoth?"

"Yes."

"With what evidence?"

"He had a book about the miraculouses called the Grimore. He had time, did you ever wonder why he never was out of his house? His wife has gone missing- which I recently discovered, he knew that was a lie. He has been storing her body in a glass, coffin-like thing forever. Also, when I went into his house, we found a secret elevator, and we found the peacock miraculous. I could go on and on," I said. She was trying to make me mad, and little did I know that she would. She would make me extremely mad.

"And how can we know for sure that everything you just said wasn't a lie?" She said, "You are a criminal."

Then, something in me just snapped, and I lost full control.

Letter: M

Word Count: 1118