Prolouge

Emma Lee was running from her attacker, her baby in her arms. Her daughter is only a few days old, but can cry louder than thought imaginable. Her ex-husband was chasing her through the streets of Gotham with a knife in his hand. The two got divorced a few months previous of Emma finding out she was pregnant. Emma didn't know what had happened, but one day, her husband, Charlie, turned insane. Emma left him to flee towards Gotham, no trace of her he could find. He didn't want Charlie to harm her baby. She was mostly successful, until he spotted her on the news, just strolling at the park. Charlie found her the day after the girl was born. Imagine his surprise when he found out he had a daughter. Charlie, being the insane man that he is, thought it was reasonable to kill Emma for not telling him about the baby.

So here Emma is, running from her ex-husband...who has a knife in his hand...planning to kill her and probably her baby girl. The woman took a turn, but didn't know it was an alleyway that she turned down. Emma gasped as she saw the brick wall that was now blocking her path. She got her baby to stop crying a few meters back, but Charlie was still aware of her presence. Emma looked at the man she once loved, in fear. "Please don't do this, Charlie! We could live as a happy family together!" Obviously she was lying. She was a planning on somehow convincing him that they could live together happily, but would just go to the police immediately. That was the only thing she could think up. She had to keep her baby safe, even if that meant sacrificing her happiness.

"Emmy, you know I would love that.....but I'm not as stupid as you make me out to be," he said with the smile the Joker always wore. Then, he threw the knife. It landed square in the middle of her chest. She slowly looked down at her baby, she started crying again. Then, Emma fell. Luckily, her baby was wrapped up in enough blankets, and made it to the ground safely. "Goodbye, Emmy," he smiled. He picked up the tiny girl, and held her in his arms. She giggled. "Well, aren't you cute, just like your father," he said, "too bad. I have to kill you." He pulled out the knife that was in his wife's chest and showed it to the small child. She started to cry, but then started to giggle some more.

Charlie heard a voice from behind, "Stop!" It was a small boy. He looked around five, maybe six. But the thing is, he was holding a gun up to Charlie. Charlie scowled. He was about to say something, but the boy shot him right in the head. He fell to the ground, just like Emma. The little girl giggled and the boy just looked at the girl in horror. "What the-" but he was cut off by police sirens.

Not knowing what to do, he grabbed the girl and ran. He ran like his life depended on it. He made it to an old abandoned building that was all worn down. It had pipes visible from the inside and outside, shattered windows, and holes in the roof. He sighed in relief , happy that the police had not seen him. He sat the girl swaddled in blankets beside his bed made of stolen clothes and blankets. He looked at her through her bluebell eyes and said, "What am I going to do with you?" She giggled. "You made me become a murderer. You know that?" She giggled again. "Well, my name is Jason. Do you wanna strawberry? I stole a whole pack today," he said, proud of his accomplishment. She looked at him and cocked her head to the side. "How about a blueberry?" She grinned.

He got one of the smaller blueberries out of the pack and fed it slowly to her. "Wow, I'm getting good at this 'taking kid from her dad' thing, aren't I?" She just looked at him, nonverbally saying she was confused. "Well, we better go to sleep, goodnight blueberry." She giggled in response. He held her throughout the night and she didn't cry once.

2 Years Later-

Ever since Marinette had learned how to walk, Jason hasn't been able to keep up with her. Luckily, that's only when they play tag. Marinette has always obeyed Jason, and has understood what point he was trying to get across. Marinette understands that she isn't old enough to steal with her brother, but that that doesn't mean she has to like it. Until one day....