Part 1

"James Buchanan Barnes, I can't believe it!"

The young seventeen year old boy's head shot up at the sound of his name and he grimaced at the thundering footsteps he heard from the upstairs bedroom. He sat up from his reclined pose on the carpet and crossed his legs. "Get out while you can, Steve," he muttered at his best friend.

He was hoping for at least one day where he and Steve could play board games in peace, but living in a household with three younger sisters meant that was just an impossible dream.

"What did you do this time, Buck?" Steve grinned at his friend. He put his blue game piece down and sat up, prepared for the show.

"Maybe she found out you took from her candy stash," a little voice said beside them. Six year old Beth Barnes looked up from the cardboard game of Sorry on the ground. "I would be pretty mad about that."

Bucky groaned. "Not you too, Beth. I already gotta deal with whatever Becky's 'bout to yell at me for."

"You can't take a little girl's chocolate caramels, Jamie. It's just not right!" Beth said, matter-of-factly, swinging her curly brunette hair.

"Kid's got a point," Steve agreed.

"Thanks, Stevie." Beth grinned, showing off her giant smile that was just one tooth short (the tooth fairy was on her way). She reached into the little purse she always carried around with her and placed one caramel crème into Steve's hand.

"Anytime, Beth." Steve popped the candy into his mouth, relishing its sweet taste.

"Careful, Steve. All those candies she's been feeding you, she's probably training you to be her little show dog."

Beth and Steve simultaneously responded with a stuck out tongue.

"You're just mad cause you don't get any candy," Beth taunted.

"Don't worry," Bucky taunted right back to his youngest sister, "I already stole some."

"James Buchanan, you absolute ass!" The door swung wide open to reveal a sixteen year old girl with straight auburn hair and bright blue eyes. "You're dating my best friend?" Rebecca Barnes screeched.

Steve's eyes widened as he faced Bucky. "You didn't tell her you started seeing Dolores?"

"It's not that big of a deal, Becky!" Bucky shouted back.

"It's Becca and not that big—? How would you feel if I had a go at Steve?" Becca crossed her arms and glowered down at the teenager.

"I don't care! You're welcome to him!" Bucky exclaimed, gesturing wildly at the blond who sat beside him.

"Uh..." Steve rubbed the back of his neck nervously, while he interjected. "I don't—"

"Really?" Beth said excitedly, her toothy grin growing wider.

Bucky and Becca paused in their arguing to simultaneously scrunch their noses and look at their little sister in disgust. "Gross, Beth."

Just then, another girl walked into the already crowded living room. "Okay, I just sent Dolores home, since you left her stranded in your bedroom alone, Rebecca." Bella Barnes raised a brow as she scrutinized her younger sister.

She pulled her hair into a bun and tightened the band, no hair out of place. At the age of seventeen, Bella felt more like a mother than the eldest sister.

Becca huffed. "Whatever."

"And you, James." She turned to face her brother who was older than her by merely ten months. "I don't think it was fair of you to pursue a relationship with a girl that you know is close to Becca. It puts her in an awkward situation, don't you think?"

"I didn't really and— well, what am I supposed to do now? I can't just break up with Dot because Becky—"

"Becca!" Rebecca interjected.

"—doesn't want me to be happy."

Becca stomped her foot. "You're so dramatic! All that I wa—"

"I think what she is trying to say," Bella interjected, "is that, while she knows you are in a relationship now and she doesn't expect you to end it, she just wants an apology. Isn't that right, Becca?"

"I wouldn't mind if he ended the relationship too," Becca hissed, but at Bella's strict, motherly look, she relented. "Yes, that's right," she said with a bowed head.

"Fine." Bucky stood up; he smiled cheekily, holding up a small card from the game that had the word 'sorry' on it. "Becky, I—"

"It's Becca! Call me Becky one more time and I swear to—"

"Rebecca, I am sorry!" Bucky finally yelled out.

Becca growled, grabbing the 'sorry' card and flicking it at his face. "That's how many shits I give about your sorry, you asshole."

"Ow! Psycho bi—!"

"Language!" Bella exclaimed, while Steve hurried to cover the ears of little Beth. "Bucky, Becca, be nice! Your sister is sitting right there!"

Beth giggled as she wiggled out of Steve's loose hold. "Shit! Shit! Shit!" she exclaimed as she ran off, probably to tell their mother about the new word she learned.

Bucky chuckled as he rubbed the spot on his cheek where the card hit him. "Oh, you are gonna get in so much trouble."

Becca's eyes squinted when she scowled. "Did I ever tell you that you're my least favorite brother?"

"I'm your only brother!"