My Name is What?

I woke with a start with the feeling of someone's hands on me shaking slightly.

"Christine...Christine wake up," she said.

I opened my eyes and I saw a young girl around my age with golden blonde hair and blue eyes looking down at me. I didn't recognize her but my mouth opened and I said "Meg?"

A look of relief washed over her face as she sat on my bed and hugged me.

"Oh thank goodness, I thought you might have lost your memory" she said, I hugged her back and then felt by body tense up. 

Where was I? And why did she call me Christine? I couldn't remember anything except my weird dream but even then all I could remember was a name. A different name that I was once called.

Delilah.

"Meg...can you tell me what happened? Why does my head hurt so much?" I asked. 

She gave me a small smile and said, "last night while we were leaving rehearsals, you tripped over one of the set pieces and fell. You hit your head pretty hard." 

I nodded even though I don't remember that happening. 

"I can't remember that." I said quietly.

 "It's fine," she replied, "mother said you might not." 

Mother? Who was her mother? 

"Speaking of which, she said she wanted me to get her when you woke up. I will go and fetch her now."

With that she left me alone and allowed me time to look at my surroundings. I was in a medium sized room lined with yellowish paper and dark wooden floors. 5 beds sprawled out with what looked like ballet shoes hanging on the posts. Each bed had a trunk and a night side table. A grandfather clock stood in the corner telling the time of half past 10 in the morning. The beds were neatly made and I looked down at my own, a good sized bed with pale rose pink sheets. I looked to my side table and saw a mirror and picture of a man. The word 'father' crossed my mind as I looked at the picture, and a feeling of sadness washed over me.

I grabbed the mirror and looked at my self. I had the same round eyes and full lips as my father. My hair fell in tangled brown curls and I pushed them aside. I set the mirror down and I looked at the trunk at the end of my bed. Worn out ballet shoes laid on the top along side a note. I climbed over and picked it up. It read 

Tomorrow is the day you will most certainly impress me. Do not forget our lessons.

Your Angel

I jumped as I heard the door open and I looked over to see Meg and her mother. 

"Madame Giry?" I wondered aloud. She nodded with a small smile playing across her lips. Her jet black hair was tied to a bun and looked at me with her dark blue eyes that seemed almost navy. She was definitely Meg's mother sharing similar qualities but they looked so very different from each other.

"How are you feeling Christine?" she asked.

I almost forgot to respond as I was thrown off by that name again. 

"I'm alright I suppose. I just can't remember a lot," she nodded quickly and looked to Meg.

"Can you fetch her some water and bread. I wish to speak to her alone for a few minutes," Meg nodded and left the room.

"Now tell me honestly, what is troubling you?" I looked to her and I felt tears begin to well in my eyes. 

"I feel fine but I can't remember anything. Every time you say Christine I can't help but think of another name," I reply.

"What name is that my dear?" She asks.

 "Delilah". 

She nods but doesn't looked confused. 

"You have come through that tunnel haven't you?" 

I nod slightly; my venture last night starts to replay in my head, but nothing else. 

"You must understand something my dear. You are now split between two separate people that are both you. As if you have two lives. You are going to have to make the decision which life you wish to live, because you cannot have both. If it helps you, tell me what you do remember."

 I look to her and think of what she has said. I then heard a man's voice whisper in the back of my head, "Sometimes it isn't safe to get stuck in the past...make decisions based on what you truly want..."

I think for a moment as her words ring in my ears. Two lives? How can this be? I close my eyes as I try to recall any memory I might have.

"I remember my father, and the house by the sea in Sweden. I remember him dying and telling me he loved me and how the Angel of Music was to come down and watch over me. Then I remember when I was 7 and you brought me here to live because Meg and I had already been friends. I remember everything after that as well. Just not last night when I fell," I looked over to her and she was nodding again with a much bigger smile then before. 

"Your choice may come easier to you then you imagine. Because you remember more in this life than your other. Remember you must decide what you want and you can make the decisions that are right for you."

I looked to her and smiled knowing that she cared for me and that she was right. Then a familiar presence washed over me and I smiled again knowing my Angel was here.

---------------------------------------------

After Madame Giry had left, Meg returned with my water and bread with a smile.

"So are you feeling any better?" she asked.

 It was then I started to remember our friendship and how much she cared for me. I stood and gave her a giant hug and she stumbled backward laughing. 

"I feel so much better, thank you." I replied giggling.

"What is on the agenda today?" I asked.

 "Well tomorrow is the opening for 'Hannibal' but mother said we could go into town and relax a little bit before rehearsals. We will be practicing in costume." 

"Oh wow I forgot about that! Goodness I must really have hit my head hard. Has everyone else left already?" 

"Yes they all have but you must bathe before we go so I will leave and tell mother you are getting ready. Then we can leave," she replied with a smile. 

"Okay I will go to the washroom now. I shall see you in a few minutes."

Meg left the room and I walked into the washroom next door. I filled the bath with warm water and stripped my clothes off. I sat into the bath and relaxed. The longer I sat the more memories I was recalling. Like the time Meg and I stole Joseph Buquet's liquor and he went into a frenzy. More and more and I sat there laughing to myself. Then I thought of my caring father. Oh how I missed him, but I realized I could no longer grief. It has been so many years ago now, what was the use of still holding sadness?

I finished bathing and got out to dry myself off. I chose to wear a light green dress with a straight skirt. The sleeves were quarter length and the neck was semi-high. I styled my hair the usual framing the outside of my face. As I was putting on my shoes Meg came into the room with a light blue dress, bringing out her eyes.

"Are you ready to go?" she asked.

"Yes let's go." 

With that we left down the stairs and exited the opera house. Today was going to be fun.

A/N: Hello everyone! So we have finally reached the chapter explaining the title of the book. I hope it kind of makes sense now. But I hope everyone is enjoying and thank you for the reads. I hope you all have/had a lovely day!