Decisions

The show began and I was blown away as every other time I was able to see the show. The beginning overture always immediately drew me into the show, but even as the show went on my mind was still disturbed.

That voice...

It sounded much too much like what the Phantom sings to communicate to Christine.

Right?

On top of that, Kaley said that's never happened before to anyone. The ensemble members have their dressing room down there, meaning people walk past that hallway all the time. Why is it I come and that voice calls out? Especially calling out to Christine. I, for sure, thought I was crazy but Kaley heard it too.

The show was nearing the end of the first act, and it was now the rooftop scene of "All I Ask of You." The moment when the Phantom calls out to Christine and she frantically runs about asking if Raoul heard it too comes. Both this time and the time before in the beginning of the show, I instantly see Kaley's face pale with a genuine look of fear. I can only assume what happened downstairs has freaked her out as much as me.

The first act ends and I get up to go to the bathroom. I check my phone for the time and notice I haven't had a single phone call or text from my parents. It just goes to show they truly didn't care for me and aren't worrying about me now. I don't know why I feel bad now, they've always been that way towards me. I guess it was because I kept trying to convince myself that it wasn't true, and that they did love me. But it finally hit me hard.

I wandered back to my seat for Act II and I wondered if anybody would miss me if I wasn't here.

                                **********
The curtain call for the show
The show ended and I stood with the crowd to applaud the cast. The show was amazing and was definitely the best I have ever seen.

The whole cast took to the stage for their final bow, and before the curtain fell, Jeremy held his hand up to signal everyone to quiet down.

"Our cast would like to say a massive thank you for your support tonight and showing us all the love you have for the show. We met an amazing girl today that we want to acknowledge," he says as I instantly felt shocked knowing that he was taking about me.

"She is incredible and with us in the audience tonight. Her name is Delilah, and she reminded us how important this show is to people. Nearing 30 years on Broadway reflects that, and we would all like to say another big thank you to her. I feel so grateful to be playing this role, and I'm sure we all feel like that. We all hope you had a lovely night and safe travels."

With that the crowd cheered again and the curtain fell signaling the end of the night.

My eyes welled up with tears as I was heading backstage to see everyone. I never thought anyone would say something like that about me.

I entered backstage and was immediately thrown into a giant hug from Jeremy and Kaley and the tears threatened to fall from eyes again but I managed to keep them in.

"Thank you guys so much, I honestly don't know what to say-" I started but was cut off by Hal who came over to us.

"No Delilah, thank you. You brought a new sense of energy to the show and for that I am grateful," Hal states. I smiled and threw my arms around his neck for a hug which he happily returned.

Then once again my thoughts drifted to the voice downstairs.

"I need to talk to you about something. With Kaley and Jeremy also," I look over to them who now share confused expressions which then Kaley's face paled again.

We walked to Kaley's dressing room where we could all fit. I looked over to Kaley and she gave me a slight nod.

"What happened?" Jeremy asked seeing our expressions.

"Well..." I started loosing my words as my mind wandered.

"Well what?" Jeremy urged.

"Well...after you left to go get ready, Kaley went to get quickly changed so she could finish showing me around. We went downstairs and reached that hallway you were talking about."

"You didn't go in there did you?" Hal quickly asked.

"No," I said whole shaking my head my eyes now focused at the floor. I couldn't look at them.

"But something did happen. You know all of us have been down there before and nothing out of the ordinary has happened. But, when we walked by the hall, Delilah stopped and we heard a voice call out," Kaley spoke up, now looking down at her hands.

"A voice? What did say?" Jeremy questioned.

"Well it more like sung out. And it said Christine," I said looking over to Hal who's face now showed worry.

"Are you sure that's all?" He asked.

"Yes. I almost walked in there. That voice felt as if it was calling to me but it wasn't saying my name. I don't know why but, I think I should go in there," I explained.

Jeremy sat down on the couch beside me and ran his heads through his still wet hair. From sweat or water I wasn't sure.

"Show me."